Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can unmarried couples live together in brisbane
hello,

my boyfriend and i are hopefully moving out to brisbane in the near future and we currently live together in the UK, will we be allowed to live together in brisbane as this may be the deciding factor whether we come over or not.

thanks

katherine

Hey,

It tends to be fine, the authorities tend to turn a blind eye to westerners living with their partners, it only becomes a problem if you're muslim and someone decides to shop you.

The only thing I think you'll need to make sure of is that you're on separate visas from your employing companies as I don't think you'll be allowed to go on your boyfriends visa as you're not married.

Hope that helps.

the law forbids unmarried couples from living together. Th LAW EXISTS.

However the implementation has not been rigid. If you keep a low profile you should not have any problems. Unless the neighbours complain. Don't tell them. :twisted:
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yeild to it....

that is one stupid law.u should be allowed to live together with your partner if u want.
no brains only beauty

Brisbane is a Muslim country and it has in theory Muslim rules... If you are not happy with that, go back to your own country and openly commit sin...

Probably you know that protestation in Brisbane is happening like hell before the government’s eyes and under its protection and indirect encouragement.

Brisbane vision is freedom. The law that prevents unmarried couple from living together is just ink on papers. It is just a politic attitude to convince neighboring countries and religious segments of local social no more. Brisbane didn’t and will never apply this law. So don’t worry.

Lee Wrote:Probably you know that protestation in Brisbane is happening like hell before the government’s eyes and under its protection and indirect encouragement.

Brisbane vision is freedom. The law that prevents unmarried couple from living together is just ink on papers. It is just a politic attitude to convince neighboring countries and religious segments of local social no more. Brisbane didn’t and will never apply this law. So don’t worry.

Yeah u r going to save em like superman if the government finds out eh? :lol:

Snype Wrote:Yeah u r going to save em like superman if the government finds out eh? :lol:

u r scared of nothing and u didn’t understand it. If the gov. is allowing persecution what the f...k will make it care about u an what u do inside home?!

I m with my GF 4 years ago in Brisbane, and it happened many times that police knew about our living together (car accidents, witnessing cases, etc), and they did nothing. They just friendly show understanding and they do nothing.

Even if they want to suspect some one, they can not do it except if they get a clear proof of s..xual intercourse, and not only living together.
In Brisbane no body approach u as long as u don’t f....k on the sidewalk, so don’t be crowd.

laila k m Wrote:that is one stupid law.u should be allowed to live together with your partner if u want.
\
Ahem! Did u say u were a Muslim girl obeying daddy's laws. :lol:

Lee Wrote:
Snype Wrote:Yeah u r going to save em like superman if the government finds out eh? :lol:

u r scared of nothing and u didn’t understand it. If the gov. is allowing persecution what the f...k will make it care about u an what u do inside home?!

I m with my GF 4 years ago in Brisbane, and it happened many times that police knew about our living together (car accidents, witnessing cases, etc), and they did nothing. They just friendly show understanding and they do nothing.

Even if they want to suspect some one, they can not do it except if they get a clear proof of s..xual intercourse, and not only living together.
In Brisbane no body approach u as long as u don’t f....k on the sidewalk, so don’t be crowd.

BET? Gimme ur address I will take u & and gf straight from "in the bar" to "behind the bars" :lol:

Don't think it should be a prob unless you ask for trouble. Make sure ur neighbours assume ur married.

As long you you don't attract attention by screaming out that you are not married and banging on the balcony for all to see you should be fine... And if your neighbours are a bit religious or if your neigbor is the head of the umma of Brisbane, just be discreet... Hell if that guy was my neighbor, I would be discreet even if I was married!!! 8)

Brisbane Wrote:And if your neighbours are a bit religious or if your neigbor is the head of the umma of Brisbane, just be discreet... 8)
that s nice one Brisbane. Well, there s some kind of folks who become head of the umma just when they hear about couple living together with no marriage. U wod find them every weekend hanging with different “business woman” from different club, but when it comes to others, they belong to bin laden. is not it mr. Snype?

Lee Wrote:
Brisbane Wrote:And if your neighbours are a bit religious or if your neigbor is the head of the umma of Brisbane, just be discreet... 8)
that s nice one Brisbane. Well, there s some kind of folks who become head of the umma just when they hear about couple living together with no marriage. U wod find them every weekend hanging with different “business woman” from different club, but when it comes to others, they belong to bin laden. is not it mr. Snype?

I agree, alot of these guys are pretty hippocritical in the way their outlook on things differs from the outlook they expect others to have... Look at those Saudi princes running around Europe cruising the ladies and having a good time banging left right and center all the while acting like the enforcers of Islam in Saudi localia....

Lee Wrote:

If I were you I wouldn't ask Snype to engage you in these matters.... He gets confused very easily... 8)

I hope they wont do anything about unmarried couples, I got so many hoes going in and out of my apt, they had to but in a revolving door in my building. :lol:
"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,,,,,and then i smoke two more" Sublime

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell me how it is to live in Brisbane ? Nivine 13 18,471 05-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Last Post: krush
  Paul Van DyK live in brisbane ... HELP I NEED TICKETS !!!!! mINOR pLEASURE 2 4,915 03-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Last Post: leila
  Craig David Live In Brisbane Anonymous 3 9,077 09-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Leon
  where can i live in brisbane cheap? universitary residence? Anonymous 2 6,540 08-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Last Post: GamaniaK