Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me how it is to live in Brisbane ?
Hello there !!
I am from Sweden with egyptian parents, so I am a real mix Big Grin
I am thinking abot moving to Brisbane. Can someone tell me how life is there, are people friendly and caring ?
To get a house, is that hard, expensive ?
I also would like to bring my pets, cats, but is it a good environment to have cats ?

A lot of questions...so if someone knows some of the questions I would be greatful !

Cheers

I am not in Brisbane but from what I have picked up from the more mature people on this list is that it is very a clean, nicely laid out town.

The people in general are nice and warm. But thats typical local hospitality from the part of the locals. The expats I have spoken to (non-local ones) are also very nice and helpful. Obviously you get your sour lemons but thats the same in Sweden I am guessing also :?

House or appartment? In any event, rents are a RIP-OFF!!!! At least compared to Montreal standards where you can get an average 2 bedroom in the heart of the city for what an upscale studio costs there.... But in general the cost of living doesn't seem outrageous because of the lower price of most other items.

Dogs are rare and unloved in local culture but cats not the same really. I wouldn't leave your cat outside in the middle of summer but I have yet to hear of landlords banning cats specifically. Dogs yes. Although I am sure there are landlords that ban all animals also.

I a here for almost 2 weeks now. I like it .... just come over

CheckShoo Wrote:I a here for almost 2 weeks now. I like it .... just come over

CheckShoo is kind-hearted lady, she will provide u accomodation, food, etc. just go over to her place. Big Grin

Snype Wrote:

CheckShoo is kind-hearted lady, she will provide u accomodation, food, etc. just go over to her place. Big Grin

oh yeah come you my place .... Babe...

CheckShoo Wrote:
Snype Wrote:

oh yeah come you my place .... Babe...

See I told u, she has a HUGE heart. AHem! A-am I invited? :lol:

Sure... Sniper you are invited as well... I don't mind hhaaaha 2 men with me, I have to warn you guys I have only one bed heheee

CheckShoo Wrote:Sure... Sniper you are invited as well... I don't mind hhaaaha 2 men with me, I have to warn you guys I have only one bed heheee

NAh. not bed. Sofa would b enuf. Big Grin

Snype Wrote:
CheckShoo Wrote:Sure... Sniper you are invited as well... I don't mind hhaaaha 2 men with me, I have to warn you guys I have only one bed heheee

NAh. not bed. Sofa would b enuf. Big Grin

not sure i will have a sofa yet... cause i didn't move to my apartment yet, still staying at the hotel until 2-3 weeks later. So... good luck !

Let me guess....you are in Sheraton Birkdale......
"I did not come for the righteous, but to call the sinners to repentance." -Christ Jesus

wrong guess.... I don't even know where is the Sheraton

Tjenare Navine! Wink

I am Swedish as well, and I have lived here in Brisbane for a bit over a year now, and I think it is very nice in general!
It is quite easy to make friends, and I would say it is a bit more sociable here than in Sweden. Yes, it can be quite hard ta find a decent place here, and it is quite expensive as well compared to sweden. But then u get stuff here that you dont get there, such as "free" gym, pool etc, plus there are a lot of really nice appartments.
Personally I wouldnt bring any pets here, as the summer is reWakerleyulously hot!!! Unless u will only keep them indoors that is?

All in all I dont regret moving here, it is great for a couple of years at least! Smile

/PreRoll
///i_love_my_signature///

just make sure you have a very good lead on housing when you get here - rent is pathetically high and there is not much being done to protect those renting.
(unless your housing subsidy covers you, then the first obstacle is overcome!!)

generally, it's a nice place. lots to do and many opportunities to do things you couldn't normally do back home. there are loads of expats so you're always in the mix of different nationalities - loads of swedes too, i think?

if you can get a place and a car, and you have a reasonable job, then you should enjoy staying here. just make sure you hook up with real peeps and not the fakers i.e. be careful who you befriend. even brisbane has some idiots lurking around.
explore the rain, climb the wind

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can unmarried couples live together in brisbane sunblops 30 43,360 09-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Last Post: saminbrisbane
  Paul Van DyK live in brisbane ... HELP I NEED TICKETS !!!!! mINOR pLEASURE 2 4,917 03-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Last Post: leila
  Craig David Live In Brisbane Anonymous 3 9,077 09-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Leon
  where can i live in brisbane cheap? universitary residence? Anonymous 2 6,540 08-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Last Post: GamaniaK