Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian's Overweight
How come theres been so much media going on about Australians being Overweight? Saw an commercial stating that a third of Australians are overweight. Is it that bad? because i hardly notice it out on the streets..

here an commercial that I've been talking about.

A lot depends on your definition of overweight. once it was 150 Kg, then 120 Kg, then 100 Kg ........
Seriously, standards of normality get stricter year by year, and scaring people makes good newspaper headlines. Also, what medical researcher would YOU fund if he said "Most of you are OK"? The funding goes to the bloke who says "You're all gonna die unless I get everything changed"

theres a section on the site.. can judge if u are overweight or not on the basis of height/weight. How accurate can that be?

[/quote]crasher2000 Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

theres a section on the site.. can judge if u are overweight or not on the basis of height/weight. How accurate can that be?
Quote:The formula can be as accurate as anything, but the numbers picked for the normal range may change.

Bought a new exercise bike to get some of the flab off.
Can now do 1 kilometre in 5 mins! (twice daily)
Trying to build up to 2 in 10.

Such a come down from 55 years ago; 80 kms in 2 hrs, on the road in hilly Derbyshire.