Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally there
Hello all,
I'm new in brisbane (2 weeks) but not new to the forum. Alot of people already helped me with alot of questions and it was really usefull.

Currently i'm settling down, found a place to stay, still waiting to move in and furnishing it.

Failed my first driving exam :crybaby: but as the place is only 8 min from work, i'll not make this ruin my life.

Anyway, now as everything is settling, the next challange is Socializing.

wish me luck all.

Cheers

yshimy Wrote:Hello all,
Failed my first driving exam :crybaby: but as the place is only 8 min from work, i'll not make this ruin my life.

Congrats on getting here and welcome to Brisbane. Try to get your license before the summer an 8 min walk in July is murder. The days i get up early enough i have a 20 min walk to work and it is awesome in the winter but come summer eeeaaashhh.

hehehe,

jacky, Thanks for the note, but ......
my work is 8 min by car, so i'll not go walking, i'll just take a cab or go with a friend.

But still, i need to get it fast as waiting for a taxi in the summer is an issue Wink

Cheers mate, this license thing is driving me carzy.

yshimy Wrote:hehehe,

jacky, Thanks for the note, but ......
my work is 8 min by car, so i'll not go walking, i'll just take a cab or go with a friend.

But still, i need to get it fast as waiting for a taxi in the summer is an issue Wink

Cheers mate, this license thing is driving me carzy.

welcome to Brisbane Forums, well an advice : patience , patience is bitter but it's fruit sweet. so take ur time to learn driving.... enjoy ur stay in Brisbane Big Grin

yshimy Wrote:Hello all,
I'm new in brisbane (2 weeks) but not new to the forum. Alot of people already helped me with alot of questions and it was really usefull.

Currently i'm settling down, found a place to stay, still waiting to move in and furnishing it.

Anyway, now as everything is settling, the next challange is Socializing.

wish me luck all.

Cheers

hey welcome to brisbane! and gud luck with your drivers license..
go get it! we need more cars on the road :lol:
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get in return.

Welcome, and good luck!

Oh Damn y r u guys repeating what I already said? Stop Spamming? :evil: ................. :lol:

Thank you all guys.

Sniper, cool down man, you are insperation for other people so they duplicate your actions :wink:

I really like it hear, although i didn't get the warm welcome i'm getting in the forum except from friends from home country who moved here long ago.

Well, it is a real expats city. Hope i enjoy it.

Cheers guys and gals.

yshimy Wrote:Sniper, cool down man, you are insperation for other people so they duplicate your actions :wink:

Ehem? I take back my 'welcome' yshimy :tongue3: ... & No it aint true, I make a point to welcome newbies! Big Grin

Hi yshimy!

Hope you're settling in fine! and good luck with the driving license.

Just one question regarding that: I take it you didn't have one before?

I can just convert the one I have at some city office, correct?

Thanks,

John.

westerndiamond:
we know you are very hospitable lady and make us (newbies) feels good when joining the forum and make it easy for us to integrate espcially with alot of people coming out from Fight Club and they can't forget the intensity inside shouldn't go outside Big Grin

Johnf:
I got driving license for about 7 years now and been driving everywhere.

Yes you can exhcange your license if it is from specific countries.
I'm german, but my license is from Egypt, so .... I need to go through the test although my international driving license is valid everywhere in the world, even here in brisbane, but once residency is stamped on my passport, it is no good.

Regards

thanks for your reply, Ishimy.

So if I understand correctly, for some countries, the exchange is possible without the test. I've got a Dutch license, anybody know about that?

/Johnf

yshimy Wrote:westerndiamond:
we know you are very hospitable lady and make us (newbies) feels good when joining the forum and make it easy for us to integrate espcially with alot of people coming out from Fight Club and they can't forget the intensity inside shouldn't go outside Big Grin

alrite welcome Aboard again haha Big Grin

welcome to Brisbane,

To be honest, I do hope you get ya DL soon, but please, do NOT hog the fats lane if you are not able to, otherewise I may come up behind you flashing lights and giving you the finger! hahahahahahah

Hey everyone! Smile

Nice to see some have settled in Brisbane. I'm arriving on 17 January, but still looking for a place to stay :? Any tips? Please Big Grin Thanks Smile

All thanks alot,

Yorky, don't worry, i'm the one who will be flashing your ass out and also might be pushing you with my front bumper (once i purchase one, well, the whole car need to be purchased)

Defo,
Tips...
1) Take your time looking
2) live near your work (10 min max, as in traffic it will be 30)
3) once you find a good deal, jump on it or others will do ( i lost some good ones)

PM me and i might be helpful, as i looked everywhere and still got some contact numbers.

Cheers all

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  in brisbane finally!!! constantine 13 17,976 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Last Post: constantine
  On my way.... finally!!! renesis 3 6,346 12-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Last Post: renesis