Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want to move to brisbane from usa
:?:
  • moving from usa to brisbane

i have studied and worked in usa for 14 years. i worked as property management accountant. anybody knows where i should look for a job. how much money is needed for husband wife and two kids. any input will be appreciated

Hi,

Your question is very vague. The answer totally depends on what kind of lifestyle you want to lead: average, luxurious, ultra lux. The cool thing about brisbane is that you can lead whatever type of lifestyle you want (meaning you can be cheap or lavishly spend).

For getting a job, probably first step would be to research jobs online through the various plethora of job sites in Australia. A search on Google will reveal such websites. Other places to look include the local newspapers citynews and Australia News.

Also, research your position and see what kind of jobs are available and what the typical pay is if possible. This will give you an idea of the kind of lifestyle you will be able to afford here.

Your main major expenses will be rent and education for the kids - BIG expense mind you! Other expenses are on par more of less with other major US cities. Food is a bit cheaper depending on where you eat. Gas is cheaper of course.

You could also drop by brisbane and network for a few months since many of the good jobs are unadvertised and that wa you can get a feel if the Brisbane way of life is for you or not.. good way to test the waters..

Hope this starts you off in the right direction.

i wanna move from melbourne to brisbane also, and trying to figure out what should be done.
Can u See Me?
Move to a little Side so that you can get a clear picture?
Can U see Me Now?
Picture Me Rollin'

http://www.expatsdirect.com/ed/index.cfm

good site for jobs in Brisbane

http://www.expatsdirect.com/ed/index.cfm

good site for jobs in Brisbane

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible move to Brisbane from Sydney Uptown 2 10,759 06-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Dario Western
  want to move soon Anonymous 2 5,382 04-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Kayl