Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bands in brisbane!
Hey all...i m new to this place...i am guitarist...used to have band...left it in my country...trying to find nice places where you get to hear good rock or blues music....'ve been to a few places but they suck bigtime...ne suggetions for such places...
cheers

cadmus Wrote:Hey all...i m new to this place...i am guitarist...used to have band...left it in my country...trying to find nice places where you get to hear good rock or blues music....'ve been to a few places but they suck bigtime...ne suggetions for such places...
cheers

yes band scene here in brisbane is a bit off !!! cause you got only two choices
a) go to clubs and hotels they play almost the same songs over and over !!! plus its too comercial

B) you got the underground scene here where they strictly play heavy stuff i was in one once i lasted 4 mins then i went to MIX ....

well i sa y they DJ scene in brisbane is great !!!! you get good cool DJs in brisbane in clubs like Sho Cho, MIX, Grand Hyatt, Copas, Tangerine Etc.

dude FUCK being in a band BE a DJ !!!!! i've heard dENON is giving free DJ lessons on every purchases of a dENON DJ Frontlines... !!!!

BE A DJ !!!!!!! BE A DJ !!!!!!
Being a DJ is not a GOD given talent !!!!
its a Gift ..... by who ??? .... hmmmm

can you tell me these underground places where you get heavy stuff...and thanks for the suggestion...i guess i would prefer an Ibaneze over denon any day....just a matter of personal choice
cheerz

go to PHRIDE.com

its their forum site

Moving out in a month or so, he's singer/lead guitar for a London indie rock band. The scene is terrible out here - well, there isn't one so maybe we should start one!

i play drums !!!!!!!!!! any one interested in a drumer ????? Big Grin
dont let go your dream , insist on it.

ok lets do this ... i used to be a band singer ... and i do play guitar ... i got some compositions too,... catellano plays drums ... you play guitar too .... now we only needed bass ... its cool because we have now a lady and a guy singer ... i dj too so ican provide scratch samples ..... what do you guys think... i know a guy who have a studio ... he's my buddy and ex band mate .. so guys pm me if you wanna do this

mINOR pLEASURE Wrote:ok lets do this ... i used to be a band singer ... and i do play guitar ... i got some compositions too,... catellano plays drums ... you play guitar too .... now we only needed bass ... its cool because we have now a lady and a guy singer ... i dj too so ican provide scratch samples ..... what do you guys think... i know a guy who have a studio ... he's my buddy and ex band mate .. so guys pm me if you wanna do this

hey that is coooool ,, i am in .. Big Grin

i have a friend who plays leads...and i have a bse guitar too....but no base guitarist....see if we can find one...ne one of us can be a make shift base guitarist till then....guess we can have some action in life afterall
"Dont drink n drive, just smoke n fly"

jazz- JamBase at madinat Birkdale.

blues, etc- the blue bar, at the novotel

metal- local gigs Smile
Push the envelope.

OK - people's favourite bands please?

Pearl Jam

Led Zepp

Rage Against the Machines

Stone Temple Pilots

Gin blossoms

Smashing Pumpkins

Creed

Matchbox 20

Maroon 5 (?? )

Live ( Oh Yeah !!!)

Raozr Back

wolfGang

my favourites bands ?????

The certain Band of The Beatles .

Pink Flloyd

Beach Boys

Deep Purple

Duran Duran

mmmmm ,, and a lot of other singers ,,,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Brisbane Bands Kage88 1 8,525 11-23-2010, 09:58 AM