Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things We Believe We Can Do...
What do men think about?

Sometimes we think about bsaolutely nothing, while other times we are lost in a thought so powerful it could change tides. But most of the time, we are thinking about one of the following great male truths.

Despite having no training or experience, we could drive a Formula 1 car -- and win.

We've watched them do it for years -- Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen. They're guys just like us; we figure the only difference is that they have expensive cars. How many times have we made short work of a long, empty strip of highway? Even though a Formula 1 car is a sophisticated piece of machinery that requires physical and mental toning to operate, we men are pretty darn sure it can be tamed after a couple of practice rounds. But don't give us a Minardi; anything from a Renault up should be just fine. Then all that's left is to pop it on a top ten grid position. Easy.

Given the time to train and the financial injection, we could be Batman.

What separates Batman from Superman is that Batman is actually quite possible. He's just a regular guy (no superpowers) who was pushed to the edge, so he trained his whole life to become a champion fighter and detective, using his sickeningly huge fortune to build gadgets and a cool car. What's so hard about that? We all have underwear we can wear on top of our pants. Becoming a superhero is very possible, and we guys know we could do it if we really wanted to. The only catch is that we'd have to be odiously rich and willing to sacrifice our lives in order to turn into crime-fighting machines. Not a problem… if we wanted to.

We could be models if we really wanted to.

We all feel like we could just stand there as a hyperactive photographer eagerly encourages us to look even more disinterested and bored than we already are. Most guys will look in the mirror on a good day and wonder why they have not yet been approached to model the latest aftershave or tight-fitting jeans. After all, we work out and we have clean teeth. We could settle for a cushy job that involves standing around looking sulky in clothes so valuable that they could buy a Third World country food for a year. We're just waiting to sign on the dotted line…

Given the chance to get to know us, all supermodels and actresses would swoon.

As an institution, men are quite misunderstood. Often perceived as rude, childish cretins, we are frequently subjected to public lashings regarding our many inadequacies. However, deep down, every man is incredibly confident that, given the time and exposure, any woman would eventually fall for him. And this is not only restricted to the mundane; we believe wholeheartedly that, after a few dates, the world's most gorgeous models and sexiest actresses would swoon before our sparkling charm. With our well-rounded sense of humor and impressive general knowledge, who wouldn't melt?

We need more gadgets.

Ever since we found that pointy rock millions of years ago, us guys can never have enough gadgets. We sit for hours reveling in how perfect life would be with an upgraded, thermo-powered shoe buffer. And as soon as we have the latest model of any electronic device, we start thinking about shopping around the next weekend to see if it's still the best. We may have two healthy arms and legs and a functioning brain, but life's just better when something with an infrared sensor does it for you.

We can fix anything.

Whether the toaster had a nuclear meltdown or the car got caught in an avalanche, there is nothing men can't fix. Even if it's not broken, we can make it better than it was before. But give us time. Like brain surgery, fixing something requires concentration, patience and frequent TV and beer breaks. Look at the Six Million Dollar Man... we fixed him up real good! All we need are some screwdrivers and an unlimited supply of power tools, and we'll make anything better than new.

So despite what our significant others say, we are not deluded. These thoughts of superiority are what led to the invention of the light bulb, the computer and edible underwear. Without our crazy imaginations, the world would be pretty boring... so keep dreaming, guys.
8)

Pump Esco
"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,,,,,and then i smoke two more" Sublime

oh-kayyy....this is what happens when you have too much time on your hands...

go do something creative...yeah go become the f1 driver your dreaming about...

HMM.. COULD YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION PLEASE..

Hmmmm..... Is Sidney that boring? :lol:

Sidney is relly very boring city. it's like ottawa compared to toronto. Smile

Damn thats boring!!

More boring then Brisbane!?!?!?
Is it even possible!?!?
"I did not come for the righteous, but to call the sinners to repentance." -Christ Jesus

bsa Wrote:More boring then Brisbane!?!?!?
Is it even possible!?!?
go to Sidney for a day or two and check it for urself.

But its bigger than Brisbane :?

Brisbane Wrote:But its bigger than Brisbane :?
I feel the4 city is kinda small. When I was there the rents were far more expensive than Brisbane. I dont know what's the trend right now. Sidney is the city of sky scrapers. I find the city extremely boring with nothing much going around.

When I was in Sidney back in 1984, Brisbane was a dinky small town that had frequent dust storms and two or three trees...

Sidney was the place to be... I know now that its the other way around. Sidney is buildings upon buildings stacked on each other even though there is room to gro horizontally. It has the smell of government there...

If I was offered two positions, one in Brisbane and the other in Sidney which allowed for the same standard of living (say the pay is lower in Sidney but the rent is lower too), I would pick Brisbane hands down...

Of course you can always end up in RAK or Al Ain and good luck there :wink: