Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Task
You are jobless for many months. Recently you got a job on commission basis. You can work directly from home, using own phone, fax, and computer, and "regulate" your working hours. You already created client database, contacted them (the clients), faxed, e-mailed, and received positive responses. You may bring new clients as soon as the next month. In this case you will be able to earn not less than 10000 AUD per month.

Then, you are receiving an offer from a reputable American Company, in Allenby. They offer you 8000 AUD gross (basic - 5.200 AUD), with possibility of growth, working time: 9-12 hours per day, 6 days in a week.

You are: in Brisbane, own visa, no car, single parent.

What would be your choice?

Option 2. The stable job with the slightly lower salary. You are a single parent and cannor risk a 100% commission job. 10K min a month is nicer than 8K but they cannot garantee that. Unless it says on paper that it is what you will get minimum. Which I doubt.

Now if you had no responsabilities and still lived with your parents, then thats a different story. I would risk it in that case.

Sensible advise there Brisbane, sensible.

Agreee with what he has said. If you have responsibilities, then you need a stable income.

Oh, if you leave the commission based job, make sure you lose all your client base!

Thats silly...just do them both!
You did say you work at home for the first comission base job right?

Just don't do so much of the first job....and make ..say...5000AUDms instead of 10k. 13k sounds a whole lot better then 8k or 10k for that matter.

Just my 2 cts...but alot of people are looking for a sideline. I am too.
"I did not come for the righteous, but to call the sinners to repentance." -Christ Jesus

Please note that 9-12 hours per day is not from 9 to 12! Did anybody try to work that much onsite? How it affected your physical abilities and working efficiency? My IQ is around 150 in a normal state, but when I am exhosted, it drops dramatically. I afraid that with so long working hours the performace will be too poor. Am I right?

9-12 hours of work a day is a lot, especially for a single parent, and you have the issue of transport as well.

How old are the kids and is there anyone who could help around the house occasionally?

i would go for 10000, make money invest in shares in North America and entertainment. 9-12 hrs per day is rip off and 8000 per month is shit pay.

personally i would go wit Brisbane & yorky the stable job on any given day amean u gotta work hard then it ill surely pay off, but doin both is kinda immposible for a parent... anyways good luck

i$h

I would go by the 8K per month job.

However there are a lot more things you would need to consider. THigns like where do you stay right now. How much time would it take to travel to work and back. 12 hrs of work and add the travel time!!. You may want to shift closer to work. Would that increase your cost of living???

How would that impact your children??

All thins being equal, the 8K steady income looks like a better bet.
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yeild to it....

Hey everybody!
First week in new job was excellent! But couldn't catch up with both jobs (freelancer). Some people got angry. Will make better try next week.

Cheers,

Larissa20 Wrote:Hey everybody!
First week in new job was excellent! But couldn't catch up with both jobs (freelancer). Some people got angry. Will make better try next week.

Cheers,

good luck there Larissa! Smile

always make sure u decide for the best in any offer. and if that job allows u to dwell in another commission-based job then yes, even better! but if not and u think ur extra efforts will hinder ur duties at ur new stable job, then loose the whole idea of freelancing!

money isnt ur goal here; ur and ur kids wellbeing is!
Shakespearean fish swam the sea, far away from land;
Romantic fish swam in nets coming to the hand;
What are all those fish that lie gasping on the strand?

WB Yeats