Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are we heading?
The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings, but shorter tempers; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints; we spend more, but have less; we buy more but enjoy it less.

We have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, but less time; we have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge, but less judgment; more experts, but more problems; more meWakerleyine,
but less wellness.

We drink too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry too quickly, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; We've added years to life, not life to years.

We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor. We've conquered outer
space, but not inner space; We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul; we've split the atom, but not our prejuWakerleye. We write more, but learn less; we plan more, but accomplish less.

We've learned to rush, but not to wait; we have higher incomes, but, lower morals. We build more computers to hold more information to produce more copies than ever, but have less communication; We've
become long on quantity, but short on quality.

These are the days of two incomes, but more divorce; of fancier houses, but broken homes.

These are the days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throw away morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do
everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. Where are we heading?

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family an unwise investment indeed.

You, Where are you heading?
you ougtha know me...

To hell! :lol: :lol:

don't forget to pm me, I'll send you postcard from heaven! (",)
you ougtha know me...

Fallacy of truth. Logic was too much twisted and was paired on the extreme negative.

Things are made better so it will be like that. Bad things exist independently. Simply life is a continuous struggle, never ending battle.

People just have to solve one problem after another and that is where we are headed. To become an instrument of never ending change and serve life at our fullest capacity.
One thing I've learned in all these years is not to make love when you really don't feel it; there's probably nothing worse you can do to yourself than that. by: Norman Mailer

It's funny...lot of people in this world try to play smart, as if they knew everything. But only those who knows why on earth they are here for, can live their life to the fullest performing their purpose. :wink: tnx for the comment leila Smile
you ougtha know me...

I don't mean to offend, just out of curiosity when i came accross the former post, where do we set the boundary when we can conclude that people are just "playin smart" and when do we geniunely say that this person is really smart?

The fate of each person is bsaolute, I would like to believe It shall be revealed to me when i reach the end of the line. Mystery of life, isn't it?
One thing I've learned in all these years is not to make love when you really don't feel it; there's probably nothing worse you can do to yourself than that. by: Norman Mailer

The end of the world is coming!!!
Samuel L. Jackson> you
www.thesahara.net/pulp_fiction.htm

leila Wrote:Fallacy of truth. Logic was too much twisted and was paired on the extreme negative.

Things are made better so it will be like that. Bad things exist independently. Simply life is a continuous struggle, never ending battle.

People just have to solve one problem after another and that is where we are headed. To become an instrument of never ending change and serve life at our fullest capacity.

i have to agree !!!... (clap ! clap ! Clap !) well said!!

and not all people who have done good in their lives ie good house and financial status have a bad and fucked up life,

well said!!!
"People just have to solve one problem after another and that is where we are headed. To become an instrument of never ending change and serve life at our fullest capacity"

and this is on the post "wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints"
well the post was pretty much has a narrow view on life.. i say .... no offense the person who might had wrote that must have been a pretty sad chap i say ....,

leila Wrote:I don't mean to offend, just out of curiosity when i came accross the former post, where do we set the boundary when we can conclude that people are just "playin smart" and when do we geniunely say that this person is really smart?

The fate of each person is bsaolute, I would like to believe It shall be revealed to me when i reach the end of the line. Mystery of life, isn't it?

Do i need to link my answer to some Wakerleytionary homepage showing certain definition of the word smart? guess not. I believed your smart enough to understand what i am trying to say...:wink:

Where not just talking bout mental alertness,calculation capacity and resourcefulness of a person here,. Cuz even if your the greatest woman/man in this world but dunno who gave that gift and don't recognize HIM, for me, that intelligence does'nt count.

Quote:People just have to solve one problem after another and that is where we are headed. To become an instrument of never ending change and serve life at our fullest capacity.

It's true that were here to solve one problem after another... cuz this life is juz a test, a trust and a temporary assignment.... It's JUST A TEMPORARY DWELLING.

And for me, it's not life whom I have to serve... . It's HIM.
Everyone must know his purpose.
you ougtha know me...

your all a bunch of hippies!
you die and that's that!
none of that emotion, heart, romance, life crap! don't make me puke!

Im a bit pissy
Samuel L. Jackson> you

Quote:your all a bunch of hippies!
you die and that's that!
none of that emotion, heart, romance, life crap! don't make me puke!

Im a bit pissy

Our words have an effect on others; they also have an effect on us. When we speak evil, We will not only reveal the sin in our own heart (Luke 6:45), We also reinforce that evil and cause it grow. Jesus said it's not what goes in my mouth that defiles me, but what comes out. Our untamed tongue corrupts us.

On the other hand, when we refuse to give expression to impure, unkind, ungodly thoughts, we begin to choke and strangle the evil in my soul.

That's why the wise man said in Proverbs 13:3 that we must guard our mouth. When we do that, we strave the evil that is gnawing insidiously at the root of our soul. Do we want to put an end to the evil that so easily rises within us? With God's help, we must learn to control our tongue.

You may say, "I've tried to, but have no power to subdue it". james agreed: "No man can tame my tongue" (james 3:8). But Jesus can. Ask Him to keep watch over your mouth (Psalm 141:3) and hand the bridle of your tongue to Him.

Let's echo the prayer hymn by france Havergal: "Take my lips and let them filled with messages for Thee." ---David Roper

Whoever guard his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles. Proverbs 21:23
you ougtha know me...

yeah well, bottling emtions isn't no good. one day you just snap and go on a killing spree or head over to rolla and mowdown the hordes in a landcruiser.
Not healthy, you got something to say? then spit it out!!!
Samuel L. Jackson> you

We do not wrestle against flesh, but the ruler of the darkness of this age(Ephisians 6:12)
you ougtha know me...

where do you get all this psyhco babble from?
Samuel L. Jackson> you

based on exposure with this corrupt world but still seizing the colors of this gift of life. Also, got lot of books for soul. wanna have some?
you ougtha know me...

Probably those chicken soup books or whatever...