Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All viewers, no posters.
Looking at the statistics against each topic, there seem to be lots of views, but only zero, one, or two posts on the topic.
OK, there's a little "flame war" in the Computer section that's produced 40+ posts, but most topics just fizzle out.

Are all our members in Read-Only mode?

I'm not, and I do wish more people would visit this forum and post up. It was very active a few years ago, then it sort of fizzled out.

:-(
"Nobody can be more dangerous to society than a fool with a silenced opinion." - Anon

Guess we'll just have to keep pushing it along like an old car till it finally gets going again.
But there seem to be a good few viewers - do we need a controversy to get them all going?
Only please, God, not Christians versus Muslims; nor heteros versus homos!

Hi jfish,

Did we have such flame wars going on in here? I can't believe that there would still be people indulging in anti-gay hate speech on here, considering the fact that it violates one of the major forums rules.

Maybe we could promote this forum on major Brisbane sites like ourbrisbane.com, Brisbane 24/7, and other places like community noticeboards, shopping centres, and events that are happening in this town.
"Nobody can be more dangerous to society than a fool with a silenced opinion." - Anon

Actually, Dario, I was thinking of other forums which have several pages of posts a day, on topics like these. A bit futile, since the religious fundamentalists on any side *cannot* accept anything but 100% acceptance of their own view.
As for the hetero/homo sexual debate, a religious forum to which I subscribed was bombarded by a group objecting to its "anti-gay" bias; iromically, that religious group has been very accepting of non-heterosexuals, and has never excluded them from ministry; but the forum's name included "Christian", and so, by the attackers' definition, must be "anti-gay". We eventually just let the forum die.
I'm not happy with the change in the definition of the word "gay", even if in Victorian London it was used to denote female prostitutes. For some people living the lifestyle of which it is used today, I have respect and friendship; others I don't like, just as I don't like all heteros.
But discussions in which I say the shy is pink, someone else says it's green, and neither of us will look up and see -- such discussions are futile!

This is a common problem in forums.

I have found that the ones who "watch" are quite happy to allow those that post i.e. contribute do all of exactly that.

In terms of controversies -they seem to be all that is left for people to come out of their shells for....

*sigh*

I like controversy on a forum. But let it be the sort where I listen to your argument, think about it, and write a mature reply, expecting the same courtesy from you. Not the type where people have unchangeable views, and will never listen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 5 Highest Posters Danick 9 12,225 09-16-2004, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Lamot