Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Jayant Patel
There's a very "criminal-looking" picture of Dr JP on the front page of the Courier-Mail today.
Surely this will add weight to his claim that in Australia he will not receive a fair trial, as it obviously prejudices readers against him.

Hi,

There has been a write up about him on the Bigpond site today for fears that he may be lynched if he comes back here.
"Nobody can be more dangerous to society than a fool with a silenced opinion." - Anon

That should help him argue for a stay to his extradition; if we spin it out long enough, all the witnesses will be ded of old age, and maybe he will too!

Or will the horse learn to sing?
(http://everything2.com/e2node/And%2520ma...o%2520sing)

This is a massive waste of time and money.
This will go to trial and the judge will declare it a mis-trial due to trial by media and will use the same excuse as they did for that pedofile ferguson.
Anyway, i dont believe he should be convicted. I dont think he intentionally tried to kill those people. The fact is someone in Queensland Health didnt check his credentials properly, and gave him a job that he was not suited for and did not have the credentials for. The real criminal is the person who gave him the job without confirming credentials.
But im sure they were under pressure as a few years back when there was a massive doctor shortage.

When I moved from NSW to QLD, I had to write to the Medical Registration Board. I had to supply references, which my referees told me had been requested. I had to produce a certificate of good standing from the HSW medical board. I then had to come to Brisbane and be interviewed; I was asked about my previous medical background. At the end of the interview, I was told I had been accepted.
It does not sound as though this procedure was followed for Dr. Patel.