Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladies, are you with a bad guy or a safe guy?
Hi all...new to this site and would love to get your opinions on this topic. You dont have to indulge all your secrets but it should be somewhat abit of fun :wink: Previously i was very attracted to bad guys, i think we women would categorise; someone that breaks your heart/risk taker, ballsy etc! And now am settled into a relationship that is/feels safe.
So are there any ladies in the same/similar situation? Or any guys with views on this topic? Confusedhock:

Are you happy or still tempted all the time by bad guys?
Lucifer is wondering where all the single, attractive, stable, nice friendly women have gone in Brisbane?

I am happy but do wonder what i could be missing out on....?!?

So are you looking for a partner? I am not sure where the single women have gone in Bris...!! Maybe you are not looking in the right place? Or maybe the right person is staring you right in the face? Are you in the dating scene?
You may need to join some community group activities etc...its a great way to meet different people. As you may know that the club scene isnt exactly the ideal place to meet anyone for a relationship!! :wink:

I did the club scene add nauseum when I was younger so I'm not into pub or clubs these days.
As for the "dating scene" what do you mean exactly the organised scene like those where you go along and rotate chairs every 5 mintues talking someone else?
What sort of community groups were you thinking about I'm not really in that loop so please let me know.
I'm 40 and fall into that group where every one is either married or divorced with kids. My prior ability to smooth talk the ladies younger and sometimes much younger than me seems to have left me, combined with the fact that now it seems to be more about yuor bank balance than anything else, probably always was but my desire for a serious long term relationship seems to highlight that fact. Before when I was happy to just take it day be day the money issue never seemed to matter. May all be in my head.....
As for you wondering what your missing out on just remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side. If your happy then thats all any of us can hope for....thats not to say everyone won't have their rough patches, everyone I know who is in a long term relationship or married has their rough spots it seems unavoidable. The trouble is that some just want to cut and run instead of working through it.
Lucifer is wondering where all the single, attractive, stable, nice friendly women have gone in Brisbane?

I meant community group activities where you get to meet lots of different people! What are your interests? Do you like cycling? Are you an active reader? Do you like exercising? Maybe a wine expert/drinker? ETC!! You could advertise and set up a group of any sort depending on what your interests are...for e.g Get a reading group together?!? Where you could all meet up and discuss matters over coffee/wine or what ever it may be...!!

I do agree though these days your earning potential is a bonus to most people but not essential when you find the right person. What type of work do you do? So being active outside your group of friends who seem to be all in relationships of some sort is a great start!!

I can relate! I'm in a comfortable relationship where my boyfriend is happily coming up with stuff we can do when we get married and have kids. But I also wonder what it would be like to be dating the guys I udes to date. I guess I'm just happy to have found someone that loves me and wants to be with me. There is no maybe's in our relationship, no more chasing the moody musician or whatever you were into. I'm happy.

I say enjoy it, you may never find someone you can be comfortable with again. Being single is not all that.
There’s always 3 sides to every story, yours, mine, and the facts!

What do you classify as 'bad guys'? Are they the sort who could end up jail at any time because of their social behaviour? Or are they arrogant and macho types who play at being 'tuffe'?

Here is my advice to you girls: *STAY AWAY FROM GUYS LIKE THAT*! They have no respect for other people's feelings, and are afraid of opening up and being who they really are.

Don't go for a 'bad' guy and thinking that loving him will change who he is. It won't. A guy can be a jerk before you met him, will be a jerk when you go out with him, and can continue to be a jerk well after you leave him.

Give the nice, shy, geeky, sensitive guys a go. They may not be Mr. Perfect, but I can tell you they would be grateful to have you as a partner and would never let you down or cheat on you.
"Nobody can be more dangerous to society than a fool with a silenced opinion." - Anon

Dario Western Wrote:Give the nice, shy, geeky, sensitive guys a go. They may not be Mr. Perfect, but I can tell you they would be grateful to have you as a partner and would never let you down or cheat on you.

*claps*

I agree with you 110%..

The problem with the nice, shy, geeky, sensitive guys is they often have very little confidence and self-esteam. They are the kind of blokes who will ONLY ever do what the woman wants to do, sometimes to the detriment of themselves. They'll rarely voice their opinion and often cower and stammer "sorry dear" when a lady gets cranky (and lets face it, everyone gets cranky at some point)

Ladies don't want a whimp, they want a bloke who will have the confidence to make some of the suggestions and first moves. A bloke with some backbone who will stand up for himself if his lady is cranky for no reason but is also man enough to admit when he is in the wrong.

The problem is that 90% of the guys with confidence are self-absorbed arseholes and no-where near nice.

So the ladies of Brisbane face the difficult task of finding a confident man who is in it for the both of them and not entirely her or himself.

Nice guys of Brisbane. Get some confidence, take some chances and be ready to accept rejection or to stand up for your own feelings and opinions if they differ from your girl. If you get in a relationship that is wrong, don't cower in it for too long before it completely breaks down. Stand up for yourself and if you break up, you were never ment to be and better now than 8 years from now because you just kept saying "yes dear" and hoping she would change to what you want in a partner.
G'day to all BrisVegas

charles, I totally agree with you.
And in the end the shy guy will explode and kill everyone around Big Grin

Geeks rule!!! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For you ladies-What will be your initial reaction if a guy.. SKY 10 17,803 08-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Brisbane