Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jacky attempts a Brisbane Forums Meet,
Well it looks like the other event attempts seem to be at a standstill so I’m going to try to organize one. (if this is not the case I apologize for stepping on any toes)

First I’d like to ask that this topic remain focused on meeting up. This means NO attacks on people, their ideas or social/religious values. I ask you all use a little self control. For example if somebody suggest a BBQ and Pork/Alcohol comes in to the Mix and you ain’t feeling that an appropriate answer would be I would vote for no pork/alcohol not a personal attack on the person or his values, I’ll treat this thread as a majority rules.

Secondly I’m the laziest person you’ll ever meet so anybody willing to volunteer is greatly appreciated, I was born to delegate Wink

I ask all interested people to comment on the following, I really am looking for suggestions. Below are some, feel free to add.

Date:
The Weekend of March 3rd
The Weekend of March 10th
The Weekend of Feb 24th
Child Friendly
Yes
No
Event Type
BBQ/open beach gathering
Bar/Club
Sheesha/Coffee/Juice
Event location
Jebal Ali Beach
Zabeel Park
Ironiah Village
Bar Zar
Trilogy roof top
Century Village (Shisha)
Brisbane Creek (Shisha)
Brisbane's building

If this topic stays focused I think it would be a blast.

For myself, I cannot do anthing after the end of this month as we start a uge project at work and I may be out of the country for extended periods of time...

I prefer to alcohol, and no pork, and no bars...

But thats just me :wink:

If the majority wants these things, then I wish you guys a great time!!

We could also do it in my building, the pool area is always empty and I am buddies with the security people...

An Example of a response and my vote,

Date:
The Weekend of March 3rd
Child Friendly
Yes
Event Type
BBQ/open beach gathering
Event location
Zabeel Park

I'm open to pretty much anything, I would prefer it was outdoors as the weather will soon be changing and i want to enjoy it while i can. I'll send you a PM with my contact information :wink:

Brisbane Wrote:For myself, I cannot do anthing after the end of this month as we start a uge project at work and I may be out of the country for extended periods of time...

I prefer to alcohol, and no pork, and no bars...

But thats just me :wink:

If the majority wants these things, then I wish you guys a great time!!

We could also do it in my building, the pool area is always empty and I am buddies with the security people...

Wow Brisbane, that was a quick response I didn't even finish posting Tongue. Thank you for the response and I'll add Feb 24 and your place to the list of choices. Thank you for the offer.

jacky...
how are you brother!!...sorry about not sending the email...am at work will send it today...i am up for all of the above at any of the dates after march 1st...and i would gladly help...excpet dont have a car...though i can "contribute" alcohol...as you might have gathered after my house warming..have more than plenty...shisha gets my top vote!!!!

Date:
The Weekend of Feb 24th

Child Friendly
no prefrence

Event Type
BBQ/open beach gathering
Sheesha/Coffee/Juice

Event location in prefrence order
Jebal Ali Beach
Zabeel Park
Brisbane's building
Trilogy roof top (Shisha too)
Century Village (Shisha)
Brisbane Creek (Shisha)
Ironiah Village
Bar Zar

jacky Wrote:Secondly I’m the laziest person you’ll ever meet so anybody willing to volunteer is greatly appreciated, I was born to delegate Wink

lmao...i love it.
Ed

you guys are making this WAY too complicated Smile democracy doesnt work its the local world my friends haha

all you should do is set a time/place and just go out and have fun. if two people show up thats a success ... coz a "meet" happened. Dont expect all the members to show up on the first time. coz alot of people will wanna wait and see how the first one goes .. no one killed anyone, there wasnt a psycho stalker , etc ... and as time progresses more and more people will show up at those meets if you guys make it a regular thing.

just my 2 fils .. and i apologize for not staying on topic.

boostah Wrote:
jacky Wrote:Secondly I’m the laziest person you’ll ever meet so anybody willing to volunteer is greatly appreciated, I was born to delegate Wink

lmao...i love it.
Does this mean your volunteering?? Wink

Fraad, I agree but what can I say I guess I’m gluten for punishment.

jacky Wrote:
boostah Wrote:

lmao...i love it.
Does this mean your volunteering?? Wink

hehe means i empathise and at the same time find the honesty comical.., but ofcourse if i was living there i would go, didnt know beer was such a big deal if you dont drink fine, isnt brisbane all about live and let live...? second thoughts dont answer that just transport it to fight club...lol
Ed

Date:
The Weekend of March 3rd

Child Friendly
No Pref

Event Type
no pref

Event location
Jebal Ali Beach
Zabeel Park
Century Village (Shisha)
Brisbane Creek (Shisha)
Brisbane's building
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yeild to it....

Shisha!! Big Grin

Yeah I agree. I reckon just post a date & a time & place & see what happens. The people who are interested will go anywhere within reason & you dont have to worry about stepping on toes or any of the organisation hassle!

Im open for anything.... within reason, of course! 8)

Quote:Im open for anything.... within reason, of course!
And by the look of your avatar it's a safe bet to say you're right!! :lol: :lol: It still makes me laugh everytime I see it. Big Grin

I like to give a good first impression of myself you see!!! :lol:

Although, am NOT impressed by the rugby result today!!!! I should be doing just like my kitty is doing in order to drown my sorrows!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brisbane forums members in print Danick 2 5,877 12-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Last Post: westerndiamond
  jacky has become a victim of theft jacky 16 23,035 11-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sajjini
  Brisbane Forums restored. Leon 9 12,724 05-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Tina Joe
  Why do I need to register to Brisbane Forums at all? Kayl 0 10,701 11-29-2004, 01:32 AM
Last Post: Kayl