Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aussies in brisbane
I am a 28 yo bloke from Melbourne, within the next few months i'll be taking up residence in Brisbane, i have been told it's a great place to live and work. Can anyone share some experiances when they had problems in everyday life so that i might never experiance them? Big Grin

thank you

Richmc

A great place to live. The summer is foul-but, hey, it's only weather. The traffic is bad, but you come from Melbourne-like driving home from the city after a footy match!! You're young too, so you'll probably enjoy the outdoor lifestyle- nice beaches. Big Grin Welcome-you'll settle quickly!! Big Grin

great cos driving home after the footy is fun....not. well i hope my company is geting me a comfortable car, i have been told i might be spending quite a large amount of time stuck in traffic. looking forward to seeing the beaches i have seen pictures they look nice.

28yo bloke from Melbourne. 2 words, Waxy O'Connors, Friday afternoon

I'm already there..... 8)

How much of and how long you're stuck in traffic will depend on A) where your work is and B) where you choose to live. You can't do much about A but you can do a fair bit with B to help reduce the 'footy' lags.

Beaches here are nice but I still prefer the beaches back home especially when you don't have to pay to go to the nice ones.
-Driven by Precision-

Allenby is nice! Guys go kite surfing there which can be awesome to watch. Also the water is nice to swim in. Great for kids collecting shells and swimming. Plus people bbq down there, take their dogs etc.It's not crowded! Smile There is a go kart place near by too-there is also a shooting range and a golf course nearby.

You might be wanting to head to Aussie Lengends Bar in Rydges Plaza.

Aussie Legends is Brisbane's number 1 gay bar. Others include Jewels and the Rattle Snake. The only time I'd go there is when the Rugby's on

yeah sorta not interested in any gay night life what so ever, but thanks for letting me know where i won't be going....

What are you talking about - it is soooooo not a gay bar! Plus all the air crews hang out there too. What just because it's full of 'real' men it's a gay bar, purlease! I've never seen a wimpy guy in there.

Yeah I know alot of Australia crew get around in Oz Legends and you realise most of the cart tarts are fags! I'm telling you it's the gayest bar in Brisbane.

Yeah OK what ever keep thinking that.

Trolley dollies i'd heard of but cart tarts?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You can teach an old dog new tricks!! :lol:

Trolly dollies are the chicks, cart tarts are the guys

Chocco, afraid to say, but quite a fair few of the 'real men' you refer to are cart tarts but that's not to say Aussie Legends is fagsville everynight. When they have the good sports events on, the atmo is pretty good.
-Driven by Precision-