Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
second hand book stores
hello everyone
hope your year so far is going good..or even great!!...jacky and moonbaby..it was nice great to meet up finally!!...hey does anyone know where i can find second hand book stores...as i dont want to spend too much on hardbacks...or brand new books...unless i love the authors...anybody know of any?
cheers
me

constantine Wrote:hello everyone
hope your year so far is going good..or even great!!...jacky and moonbaby..it was nice great to meet up finally!!...hey does anyone know where i can find second hand book stores...as i dont want to spend too much on hardbacks...or brand new books...unless i love the authors...anybody know of any?
cheers
me

It was nice meeting up with you as well, for shisha i'm there, for a movie on Wafi rooftop i'm there, books though, you are on your own hahahahaha.

Seriously there is a pretty good used book store on Diyafa near the Rotana.

Yes, the House of Prose book stores are great, you trade in your old books and pick up other ones there.

book of prose...cool will check it out!!...thanks guys...movie wafi roop top sounds like a good idea...hey jacky...going to traders vic tom...if you interested?...lemme know..will call ya laterz...take it easy!!...

There are two House of Proses.

One is in Birkdale Plaza, the pink coloured mall just south of Magrudy's mall on Beach Road (you can walk to it from Magrudy's mall).

The other is at Gumdale mall - however you access it from OUTSIDE Andalucia court. It's in what was a big carpark next to Geant, but is now a construction site for a new Movenpick hotel.
Secret Brisbane diary - intrigue and adventure in Australia

nice to have you back secret.

Thanks! I never left, I'm just a bit intermittent here.

there are a couple of places down Moreton way too. you just have to hit the place on foot and you'll find them. there is one just down from Lulu's and another more towards Brisbane way opposite Murarrie centre in a little road just off the main road. can't remember the name off hand but i've got the flyer at home and i'll post it soon as i remeber.
House of Prose is still my favourite though.
Save the Earth! It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!

One good thing about House of Prose - you can resell them all the books you buy from them, they will pay half price. (The only exception is books in their discount bin I think). Plus you can sell other books that you have.

The nice thing about buying slightly battered books is you feel less bad if you spill water on them while reading at the swimming pool or beach, and so on.

Hey there all,

Was at House of Prose on Birkdale road just yesterday and its HEAVEN!!! There is a huge selection of books for around 20 AUD in general.... and they give you 50% reduction on your next purchase if you bring it back. Its a lovely quant l'il ole place! DEF worth a visit.

If oyu can pick up the new Brisbane Explorer, just out at 75 AUD i think. its got lotsa good info like that in there.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SECOND HAND MARKETS AND SHOPS hickey 1 4,695 05-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Last Post: hickey
  Looking for online stores where can I buy cellar phones. Anonymous 4 10,423 09-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Leon