Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little warning message.
Hi all

Living in brisbane has made us all carefree not being cautious for little things cause it is amazingly secure and crime free. The purpose of this post is to warn all of you against little stealing that takes place and I believe is happening too much these days.
Here are few cases that happened recently around me!

1. Today my maid went to the bank to send money to her home. And somebody pinched AUD 100 she kept on the desk right in front of her while she was filling the form. The camera’s were on, and the security was unable to identify him.

2. My granny left her cellphone and while trying to locate the phone we called the no. up. A voice answers saying “I found the phone, now its mine” !
(I know its not stealing, but where is the humanity?)

3. My cousin keeps a lot of cash in her purse because she is in Brisbane solely for shopping and she’s been theft twice. Once from a shopping mall. Her loss was 4000 + 2000 AUD of cash, some gold, cell phone….

4. some cash from my mommys purse was taken while she was shopping in one of the local souqs.

5. On Eid’s day, someone pinched cash from a worker who works for my dad.

Also, Mobil, credit card theft is growing in this region. Be alert guys, good luck.
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get in return.

another ahmed bin abdullah Tongue

Thanks for warning message but we always keep credit cards :wink:

I think you are right, being in a safe place doesn't mean to lose the little caution we take in normal situations.

We are in a country with people here to make money and alot of poor people so we don't put money in front of them or have a sign saying "rob us" and say it is unsafe place.

It is safe, but we still need to be cautios and employ logic in our lives.

Cheers all
Stay safe

Good post EJ

Well how nuts can you be to carry that amount of cash on you anywhere in the world? It's an open invitation where ever you are.

Also people are far too trusting of others in this place, so many stories of people offering to help, say if you have car trouble, then taking advantage.

Always be careful. And if you have to carry cash I have two words - MONEY BELT!

Alcoholic Wrote:Also people are far too trusting of others in this place, so many stories of people offering to help, say if you have car trouble, then taking advantage.

Always be careful. And if you have to carry cash I have two words - MONEY BELT!

Yeah the far too trusting was one of the most appealing things to me about Brisbane, where else in the world can you give a guy AUD 10 to clean your car and leave, when you come back to your car it is actually clean!!

Sadly though the reality is this is not always the case, like anywhere there are bad people and I'm guilty of getting slack and overly trusting it was only until I got robbed that i started to me more cautious.

As for cash although rapidly changing many still don't believe in credit cards so there are a lot of people, especially the older generation that pay for everything in cash.

I feel for you EJ, life sux sometimes (btw flicked means throw money at, you may have meant pinched Wink

Man that sucks... :x

I would have thought Brisbane was more trustworthy than that... But the amount of poor people here can make you go hmmm more than once.

Quote:As for cash although rapidly changing many still don't believe in credit cards so there are a lot of people, especially the older generation that pay for everything in cash.

I assure you this old dear has the use of a credit card down to a fine tuned art!! :lol:

Nice post Eastern Jewel-it pays to be vigilant and not lulled into a false sense of security.

RIEL Wrote:
Quote:As for cash although rapidly changing many still don't believe in credit cards so there are a lot of people, especially the older generation that pay for everything in cash.

I assure you this old dear has the use of a credit card down to a fine tuned art!! :lol:

Nice post Eastern Jewel-it pays to be vigilant and not lulled into a false sense of security.

Hahahaha exceptions to every rule, Where are Betty and Wilma to yell "Charge IT!!!" when you need them.

is carelessnes in your family genes and its getting spread 2..........coz cmon all ma life i didnt get stolen but ofcourse if u r careless and leave things around,,,,,,u wont get it.....theres a famous saying

"Finder keepers, Losers weepers".......so try not to be a loser Big Grin
cheers!
stay cool!

aduberdu Wrote:is carelessnes in your family genes and its getting spread 2..........coz cmon all ma life i didnt get stolen but ofcourse if u r careless and leave things around,,,,,,u wont get it.....theres a famous saying

"Finder keepers, Losers weepers".......so try not to be a loser Big Grin

Its been 17years in Brisbane, never experienced nything of that sort before, and all those cases took place just very recent.. so basically my genes transformed eh?

Thanx jacky for the correction, I dont know what I was thinking Lol.

Your right choco, it is best to carry plastic money.. but you know, shops in local markets do not accept cr. cards!

Alcoholic Wrote:Also people are far too trusting of others in this place, so many stories of people offering to help, say if you have car trouble, then taking advantage.
!

what about it ? Confusedhock:

I will keep my eyes open -------> Confusedhock:

ok having second thoughts now...just kidding!! when i move their i'll keep an eye out and get my hand bag ready to do the beats Tongue

westerndiamond Wrote:
!

what about it ? Confusedhock:

There was a recent incident where a Brit lady had a problem with a driver, she got out of the car and was having an argument with him. Some locals came to see what the problem was and offered to give her a lift - Doh! The woman went with them and ended up getting raped, after which the guys just put her in a cab and sent her home - WTF! No excuse for their actions, but how dumb can you be to get in a car with total strangers? Heard a few incidents of this, others where people were robbed.

A few years ago some friends of my fathers were out in one of the other Australia, when they had car trouble, again a bunch of locals offered to help - if they could sleep with the girl - WTF! Luckily the older national with the group fixed their car and told them to get the hell out of there before the others started harrassing them.

There's been a spate of robberies in Mirdiff, the Springs and Gardens. People used to be able to leave houses, cars etc unlocked - not any more. Sad to say that some people get tempted, best not to leave temptation in their face, even if you have a maid, put all valuables away.

My brazier was stolen last friday in the greek park :evil:
[Life Comes The Hard Way]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A WARNING _ PLEASE READ Dan 2 5,692 04-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Anonymous
  Check this message. From Brasil! RickBrasil 1 4,958 11-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Last Post: RickBrasil