Poll: Should the film be shown?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.00%
7 70.00%
No
20.00%
2 20.00%
Don't care
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brokeback Mountain - should it be shown?
Hey All,

Question! Lots of controversy over the movie 'Brokeback Mountain' and whether it should be shown in Australia or not.

Basically the story revolves around two cowboys and their close relationship, class it as gay if you want.

The movie has been hailed as a cinematic masterpiece by director Ang Lee, it's already won 4 Golden Globes and is tipped for big things at the Oscars.

It's been banned in some US cinemas by hardcore Christians and Mormons against the storyline. It is slated for release in Australia in March, but is causing many people to be opinionated about it. How much it will be edited I don't know.

My view is: You can watch all manner of things on the telly here, but going to the cinema is a personal choice, if you don't like it - don't go!!! There are far worse things happening on the street which go against local religious and cultural beliefs which the authorities allow, to ban a movie to me seems riWakerleyulous. I'm more against films that promote and glorify violence and are littered with foul language.

I'd prefer banning this movie about fags. Its retarded and we have enough social decay without having our kids watching this garbage.

Brisbane :lol: :lol: :lol: You obviously have some strong views. Here I presume the rating be adult only if the censors allow it to be shown.
I think considering people's religous views here it may be shown but I don't think many people will go. So I agree with you Alcoholic. Doesn't bother me either way, actually wouldn't mind seeing it but not fussed.

Well even the actor's girlfriend walked away from the theatre when it was shown. My friend loves it and I keep 20 arms distance from him. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brisbane

Why dont you read what Choc Actually wrote.

She does have a point you know about what the authorities allow or turn a blind eye to.

gangster Wrote:Brisbane

Why dont you read what Choc Actually wrote.

She does have a point you know about what the authorities allow or turn a blind eye to.

I gave my opinion and thats that.

The catch phrase of the 80's was "Real men don't eat quiche".....now the catch phrase of the millenium will be "Real men don't watch 'Brokeback Mountain'" :lol:

RIEL Wrote:Brisbane :lol: :lol: :lol: You obviously have some strong views. Here I presume the rating be adult only if the censors allow it to be shown.
I think considering people's religous views here it may be shown but I don't think many people will go. So I agree with you Alcoholic. Doesn't bother me either way, actually wouldn't mind seeing it but not fussed.

There may well be ratings on this movie and it will defo be heavily edited if shown, but ratings are basically ignored by the Cinema's as I have sen too many young kids who should not be watching certain movies.

I believe it should be shown. I remember watching Constantine when it came out. It showed for a few days, then was taken off and then brought back on again.
294bhp of sheer V6 Jap pleasure.

yurki500 Wrote:There may well be ratings on this movie and it will defo be heavily edited if shown, but ratings are basically ignored by the Cinema's as I have sen too many young kids who should not be watching certain movies.

I believe it should be shown. I remember watching Constantine when it came out. It showed for a few days, then was taken off and then brought back on again.

Was the Exorcist: The Begining shown in Brisbane? Unedited?

Yes, I think it was shown, but I never got to see it.

I remember seeing it advertised in the Movies.
294bhp of sheer V6 Jap pleasure.

Should be shown, as long as I don't have to watch it.