Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
driving
why is driving so hard here? and why is it such a annoying thing in brisbane? it seems like u have to pray every time u get into a car, hoping that u come back alive.
sKhan

i'll i have to say 2 u is Welcome ti Brisbane......this is brisbane......no 1 follows rules and regulations........they luv to break the laws inregards of the heavy fines coz ppl over here have more money than theie nessecities......ull get used 2 it......cheers
cheers!
stay cool!

yea bout the fines i know peeps here dont give 2 flyin fucks bout it + life is a struggle why u bitchin bout dyin

Don
Ish

money aint a thang u feel me.... u lucky i havent seen ur ass on the roads yet fool... cause then ur prayers wouldnt be answerd just death upon u
Big Tic J

well, i don't think driving here is crazy, it is just different.
I've driving in many parts of the world and i believe Italy is the craziest so far. well, that excludes right hand driving, as india was a mess.

Anyway, you will get used to it, it is just different and they have their way.

Cheers

The problem is because there are so many different people here with different standards of driving, they need EVERYONE to take a test and be of a certain standard.

i understand where u arfe all coming from. but in the states driving is like soemthing u can do with keep ur eyes closed. hahah or smokin weed. and get away with it...but besides the point. driving seems a little scary..but i believe that i will get used to it... o and i just got a new orange range rover sport... the new ones 2006 model. so nice. i cant wait till i drive it
sKhan

Alcoholic Wrote:The problem is because there are so many different people here with different standards of driving, they need EVERYONE to take a test and be of a certain standard.

I so agree, Just 'cause I'm from Canada doesn't mean I'm a good driver and it should be bumped a notch more it should be done perioWakerleyally, every 5 years or so.

i do agree totally with you all, but......

The testing way should be revised, the test now (at least from my experience) is a function of the examier mood. Still if you can't drive you will fail but still not everyone can move the car CAN ACTUALLY DRIVE.

Alot of bad drivers actually get the license by following the rules while they can't actually drive, they can move the car and they follow the rules, but how would they react if something happened, if someone else break the rules. welll, that is what i call a pile up crash that you see alot in brisbane.

I failed the first exam, got it the second time and i have been driving around the world for 6 years and never had a single accident, only bump to bump at worst.

anyway, i think everyone should be examined, and i think the exam it self should be revised or the examiers should be trained to know who can react when bad thing happen and who can actually drive but not just move the car forward.

Cheers all.

another thing thsti hate about driving in brisbane is traffic..whenever i go to Park brisbane i am always stuck in traffic. i heard that germans are goin to construct a subway from marina area to Park brisbane. but that is goiun to take a while... do u think they are gonna make roads ontop of Adelaide road?
sKhan

another thing thsti hate about driving in brisbane is traffic..whenever i go to Park brisbane i am always stuck in traffic. i heard that germans are goin to construct a subway from marina area to Park brisbane. but that is goiun to take a while... do u think they are gonna make roads ontop of Adelaide road?
sKhan

Alcoholic Wrote:The problem is because there are so many different people here with different standards of driving, they need EVERYONE to take a test and be of a certain standard.

Western standard :wink: ?

I think the problem (or difference) is that the streets are wide and big, the cars are fancy and cheap (comparatively), the insurance companies are generous, the population is young and rich, and the police regulations are too loose. You get the picture.

What are the traffic jam periods each day ? (From when to when?)

better ask when streets are free.

Free from 1 am till .... 6 am

enjoy it

Linda_Stuiv Wrote:

Western standard :wink: ?

I think the problem (or difference) is that the streets are wide and big, the cars are fancy and cheap (comparatively), the insurance companies are generous, the population is young and rich, and the police regulations are too loose. You get the picture.

Linda, please get rid of the chip on your shoulder, it's getting boring now. You're European yourself and only bringing down the side, so leave it out!

And why not? The tests are the hardest in the world to pass! Most people here wouldn't even get through the theory.

When I said everyone should take a driving test, I meant it, where ever you come from. I know my driving standards have gone totally down the pan since I've been here. I've been driving 13 years and only just had my first accident - not my fault by the way - but you end up with aggressive and defensive driving. Plus people need to relax a little more, there's really no need to rush about and push in. Seriously if you got rid of all the filter lanes, it would stop most of the tail backs, 6 lanes going into 2 or 3 is crazy!

Plus people need to be taught that every lane to the left is an over taking lane, unless you're over taking someone slower you stick to the right. The middle lane hogs force people to undertake them, which is so dangerous.

the road design are so messed up... just the other day on new years eve. there was this big car acciddent...and because of the traffic the firetruck and ambulance could not reach the cars.... the government should have reconsidered the road design when they were making it.
sKhan