Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tax & Social Charges..???
Guys,

My company is paying me relocation allowance...which is subject to tax & social charges. I thought there were no taxes in Australia? Any ideas on that?

Cheers

Sounds like something they made up. Never heard of that. Ask them for a break down of exactly what that is.

Even though you're working in a 'tax-free' country if you're on a US payroll you tend to pay 'hypo' tax.
-Driven by Precision-

What is 'hypo' tax? (never heard of it)

Well I work for a French company...but I'll be working under a local (Brisbane) contract. Although my salary is in US$ and house allowance is in Australia Dirhams...!

Any ideas...will I be paying tax then?

mm interesting, those guys make and implement laws overnight. They dont have elected emmbers who make laws just a shiekh sitting in his porshe office with a cigar and making whatever laws that comes to his mind.

'Hypo' = hypothetical tax.

If you're an expat on a US payroll you're subject to US taxes. Although most companies will only deduct a 'hypo' amount from your pay and the difference to actual tax due is paid by the company.

I have no idea about French tax system so can't provide any comment for your situation.
-Driven by Precision-

Cheers Guys...I'll see whatever comes !

Take care

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Australian social network aaron 1 8,196 01-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Last Post: aaron
  Do Telstra mobile postpaid and prepaid charges same/min? s_kates81 10 17,076 11-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Last Post: s_kates81
  Social dinner meetings Barzie 15 22,894 10-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Last Post: HellPoe