Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Insurance
Hi Guys,

Just saw this post by jacky rgarding car insurance. Tot I'd make a mention of my recent experience with car insurance guys.

I bought a brand new car last November. I paid about 1950/- as premium for the year. Unfortunately I had a small mishap and claimedabout 2600/- in damages.

Would you imagine... Al FUjeirah Insurance Company refused to renew my insurance policy!! Thats because I had made a claim! Isn't that the reason one insures the car in the first place? To take care of any unforseen accidents?

I called every possible person in the company but they bluntly refused to re-insure the car. It doesn't end there..... a few days later I got in touch with an insurance broker and got the car insured with the same company. in 24 hours flat!! And at no extra charge!!

So beware.
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yeild to it....

sa4877 Wrote:I called every possible person in the company but they bluntly refused to re-insure the car. It doesn't end there..... a few days later I got in touch with an insurance broker and got the car insured with the same company. in 24 hours flat!! And at no extra charge!!

So beware.
There are insurance brokers here? Kewl that is good to know. I always thought you had to call the companies individually.
I’m sorry to hear it was such a pain in the a$$ to renew but glad it worked out.

Would you mind sharing which broker you went with? Would you recommend him/her?

jacky, I use a broker, as no insurance wanted to insure me directly cause I'm at a high risk level at my age with the car I drive. Am going through "Insure Direct Brokers".
-Driven by Precision-

kewl, thnx.

Insurance Brokers, or any kind of broker for that matter, always have their ways in and out of things.

I drive a 1986 car, i had one heck of a time just finding someone who would give me insurance in the first place....best deal i got was AUD 880 for third party.......
D.S.P....Where New York Meets Brisbane

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building Insurance Frankie05 3 5,666 01-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Kayl