Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on door polices
Hey All,

Haven't been around for ages I know, but I'd like your input please.

I'm doing some research into door policies for clubs and bars in Brisbane and would like to know what you think of them at various venues and your personal experiences at the door.

Please be as constructive as you can.

Thanks for your help Big Grin

Couples rule makes sense some what, but doesn't stop (drunk) idiots picking fights.
-Driven by Precision-

my experiance when i was in brisbane was its a very "attitude gets you in" policy...i agree couples makes sense...but the real spenders are the guys who are trying to get in , to party/have a grt time/hook up...agreed its such a broad spectrum to judge anything by...but from my exsperience in clubbing (extensive)...the door bi@ch or bouncer should use a bit more friendier appraoch, rather than "oh ferrari/grt gf/keeps a bottle running at the bar" = entry...look at zouk (singapore)...its where people go for the "music" alone...then there's velvet (snob nose sista of zouk)...where the real "in ppl go...don't discriminate/charge an entry fee/ if there is a special night ...sure make judgements...but there are some of us who love the DJs/spin docs...just my two cents worth...you can always make
out a trouble maker from a high spender...imagine not being able to get in for sasha /digweed/seb fontaine/fat boy slim...just coz some bouncer thinks you aint with a girl...i'd me Fraad :twisted: ...never happened to me though Big Grin

on the flip side never hire "thick" bouncers...this blogspot was real disturbing...happened to a girl in kuala lumpur- malaysia...

Recently I read something bad that happend.
a girl was beat up in kl by bouncers in kl

girlofmay.blogspot.com

I think blokes get a really raw deal on the door here. And many of the bouncers are way too picky, if they don't like the look of you, then you've had it and it doesn't matter how loaded you are.

I was told the main aims of it were to keep out the wrong crowd (labourers etc) but under the cloud of reducing the potential for violence - drunks.
-Driven by Precision-

introduce memberships...charge entry fees..create loyalty...of course girls night , doesnt make sense to have too many salivating single guys getting the run of things...as that runs the danger of only "too eager guys" and not a girl in sight...and get a DOOR manager to screen the entries...bouncers sometimes are all brawn...and can forgo the possibilites of a good ratio of guys vs girls...

Never had a problem so far. Always go to pubs and bars with my partner, I guess. But going to a bar as a couple is not necessarily an assurance that you can get in. Unfortunately, I think if you are an Asian, it is more likely that you will get problems or difficulty getting in. Just to share some of the stories....

A Thai lady married to a Brit was denied entry to a hotel bar in Birkdale. It was only when the husband intervened that they were allowed to go in.

A group of Asian girls out for a ladies night (one of the hotels in finucane). Was told that the bar is full and asked to step aside. But when European ladies arrived later, they were allowed to go in.

Mixed group (ladies and gents; europeans & asians) on a night out in one of the bars. Was stopped at the reception and told them that their Indian companion is not allowed to go in. One of them explained that the Indian person he is referring to earns more money that they (europeans) do.. but still denied entry. The group decided to move to another bar.

Is it image they (establishments) are protecting or discrimination? .... you decide.

pepperclip...i agree with you on that 110%....its more discrimination than anything else!!

Maite, I'm south east asian and never been denied access to a bar yet.

Only one that I noticed was iffy on entry was Zinc but I go there with my Australia air crew pals and we are welcomed with Smiles
-Driven by Precision-

i would say its a game of luck and chance...i am indian...dont look indian at all(last time i was in brisbane...everyone spoke to me in Australian..or thought i was spanish)...so yes...sadly speaking...no problems for me...but my mate from india came down to hong kong recently...works in MTV...is very well traveled...coolness personified...was told couldnt get into a club because they have a limit to the number of indians allowed...frigging preposterous... :evil:...and hey you were with airline crew :wink: