Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brisbane "FAKE"?
I read many people mention word FAKE? describing Brisbane.

I am originally from Eastern Europe, but lived in Atlanta, GA past 8 years. Now I am considering the offer to move to Brisbane for 2 years and want to make sure what I am getting in to.

Atlanta is pretty much a boring city, its like: WORK, EAT, SLEEP, WORK, EAT, SLEEP, … life style, but it is fast growing and 7th best places to live in US, 2005 survey.
I am just trying to compare this two and see what my options are.

I am single male, very social, romantic, yet practical when it gets to work.
As an European I miss:
Soccer,
Rugby,
Society of different cultures,
Art,
European girlfriend,
Fine wine,
Genuine relationship,
Prospective future,

Could you help me here please?
I guess one always looks for it’s place, and I am not the one who thinks that “it’s always better somewhere else”.

I appreciate your input!
Thanks a lot!

Can't really comment on 'prospective future' when theres no info regarding your qualifications nor line of work.

That said you've been offered a move here so as long as you take care of the T&Cs you'll find most of those points are covered.
-Driven by Precision-

Quote:As an European I miss:
Soccer,
Rugby,
Society of different cultures,
Art,
European girlfriend,
Fine wine,
Genuine relationship,
Prospective future,

make correction , In europe we dont mention soccer ;0) and second rugby is hardly played anywhere in europe. European r quite racist and they hardly tolerate other cultures. Well u can ask for passport before talking to gal ;0).

hey !

I hope everything is ok! Im a new member here !
Im going to move to Brisbane too because of a job. Im from eastern europe too. Where r u from ???

Im looking for infos about Brisbane! Im so excited because I dont know that country and the cultures!

so, have a nice day !

HP,

Are you mad? Rugby is played in many countries across Europe, er, England, Wales, Scotland, France etc.

You won't be at the Rugby 7's this weekend then?

You're right on the 'soccer' thing though only yanks call the beautiful game 'soccer' to the rest of us it's football. Say soccer to someone in the UK or mainland Europe and they'd probably lamp you one.

Football to Americans is a bunch of woosies playing a game not unlike Rugby but with loads of padding and riWakerleyulous shoulder pads. I bet on a rugby team to beat an amercian football team any day of the week.

Don't even get me started on Baseball, lets face it, it's just a girlie game of rounders.

Australia also follows the yanks and falls into the "soccer" trap.
-Driven by Precision-

it's strange why most of the european world and americas don't play cricket :cry:

Cause it's a boring game that doesn't involve contact/violence - goes against the very nature of 'sports entertainment'.
-Driven by Precision-

Violent sports should be banned altogether. They have no socially redeeming value.
"Nobody can be more dangerous to society than a fool with a silenced opinion." - Anon