Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving from Atlanta, GA
Hi,

I was offered to move to Brisbane from Atlanta, GA.
Currently I am payed $50K before TAX in a year.
My monthly expenses are:
$1100 housing. (1BD condo)
$1000 rest of the expenses.
And have some savings since Atlanta is not that expensive big US cityes to live in.

1. Will $50K translate same as $50K here in Atlanta?
2. The office in Brisbane is on Baniyas Road. Which areas should I look for 1bd apartments and how much are they for per month?
3. Do I have to have a car there?

Thanks

1. Will $50K translate same as $50K here in Atlanta?
answer: You might get that amount if your salary $50K

2. The office in Brisbane is on Baniyas Road. Which areas should I look for 1bd apartments and how much are they for per month?
answer: It's in Ransome. I don't think it's good to say in that road. You'd better live out of town. the rent is about USD1100 per month for 1BR flat in brisbane. ( I am lucky, I got 2BR flat as USD10,900 per annum.but it's out of town.)

3. Do I have to have a car there?
You must have a car in brisbane. even the traffic is not very good here. but if you stick on cab. it's okay.

Good luck, buddy@!
Geraint Chan

Thanks for tips!

spicking of cars. I have 2000 VW new beetle disel here. Should I try to ship the car as I move or sell it and get one in Brisbane. I do not realy care about cars, models, etc, at this point. I am just trying to get the best solution.

Thanks again.

Just sell it and buy one here. it's very easy.
You can get an used or brand new car here. and it's not expensive, i think.
or you might rent a car before you buy one.
Geraint Chan

just wondering if you dont mind me asking .. what field are you in ? and how did you find the job ?

I work for the company which dose high end hotel design, and they offered me to move there.

O yes thanks -geraintinBrisbane- for tips...

what field are you in ? and how did you find the job ?

hey, mate.

I have been working brisbane for almost 2 years now. I work in automobile trade. I got this job when i was in brisbane. things are fine here.
Nice to meet new friends here Smile
Geraint Chan

Hi Garaint,

I work for the company which dose high end hotel design here in Atlanta, and they offered me to move to Brisbane, we have an office there too.

Nice to meet you too!

J

Hi,

sorry to reply you late. was a bit busy for my work.
that might be a good offer. Have you been here before?
and will you move over with your family?
yep, it's great to know new friends here. we can go out for beer sometimes, when u are in brisbane . Smile

good luck.
Geraint Chan

Hi Geraint,

I have not been in Brisbane before & I will be moving by miself.