Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emarat accused of strip searching workers over tips
Don't know if you saw this article in 7 days, but attendants at Emarat petrol stations, say the company regularly performs strip searches to make sure they're not keeping any tips given to them.

What the hell?!!!

If I want to give these poor guys who work all day in the sun and gas fumes the couple of dirhams I would have got as change as a thanks for their hard work, isn't that my business? And what does Emarat do with the money they take off them?

Disgraceful - everyone should boycott Emarat over this!

Sniper it's not bloody funny! Imagine the indignity of the whole thing for the sake of a few dirhams!

I sometimes wonder about you and how you can make fun of something which is so humilitating to other people.

There can be no doubt that the Emarat attendents maintian the highest standards of service compared to any where in the world. It is really humiliating for us the custmers to know that these guys have to go thru such stuff
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yeild to it....

Alcoholic Wrote:Don't know if you saw this article in 7 days, but attendants at Emarat petrol stations, say the company regularly performs strip searches to make sure they're not keeping any tips given to them.

What the hell?!!!

If I want to give these poor guys who work all day in the sun and gas fumes the couple of dirhams I would have got as change as a thanks for their hard work, isn't that my business? And what does Emarat do with the money they take off them?

If this is true, it is really sick. I am really dumbstruck by the mindset of some employers in Brisbane. I think it's time employees in Brisbane stuck up for their rights. The labourers have had enough and have begun protesting and it seems to be working now as their wages are being paid.

This strip search is a gross violation and hopefully something is done to end it ASAP.

Alcoholic Wrote:Don't know if you saw this article in 7 days, but attendants at Emarat petrol stations, say the company regularly performs strip searches to make sure they're not keeping any tips given to them.

What the hell?!!!

If this is true then its disgusting. Those pool souls, I always tipped them when I was in Brisbane and will tip them when I return.

These people suffer all day in the heat and stink of exhaust fumes and always have seat dripping from them as they run around like animals and now they are to be strip searched???? :?

Sorry but fcuk this unfairness.... Sad

That is F’n brutal, so if the attendants are being strip searched so they’re not keeping the tips, who is getting the tips? Is it being pooled or is management pocketing it? Either way this is just F’d up, the guys that work at the Emarat I fill up at are awesome, very helpful and always in a good mood even with 20 cars backed up. I like to tip them and it disgusts me to hear this.

Ya i am a big fan of emarat stations too .. they got excellent staff and everything you need in the mart ..

but this is just riWakerley ... i plan on asking the guys next time i am there to fillup ..

Agree totally with what everyone has said, and I think it is bl00dy disgusting that they treat their staff this way. I always tip these guys, They work damn long hours for next to nothing, if I have a few spare coins, then I will always give them to them.

I think it is high time Brisbane should have trade unions and also employers association...
Minstry of labour and social affairs don't get to know much..
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get in return.

What happends to the money? Does it get pooled and shared among the workers? Does it heck! Emarat keeps it and puts it into it's own pocket.

Shameful, shameful, shameful - I'm never using Emarat again!

Alcoholic Wrote:What happends to the money? Does it get pooled and shared among the workers? Does it heck! Emarat keeps it and puts it into it's own pocket.

Shameful, shameful, shameful - I'm never using Emarat again!

I agree, Im using Eppco and Adnoc (which are turning out be nice gas stations actually).

Quote:If I want to give these poor guys who work all day in the sun and gas fumes the couple of dirhams I would have got as change as a thanks for their hard work, isn't that my business? And what does Emarat do with the money they take off them?

Provision of service is the part of job ,the business of fuel station differs from food and catering business. So employees working at fuel station shouldn’t expect the “ tips” from customers and if customers pay extra amount that should go in the account of company.

The purpose is to discourage the customers to pay the extra amount to employees. The company wants to prove that employees are not doing an extra effort to earn tip but they are following the policy of company to provide extra service at Zero cost .

HP reloaded
Spokesman of Emarat group

I hope an 18 wheeler runs you over soon.

Hp, once again you prove what a prize plonker you are.

In most other countries, we have to fill our cars ourselves etc etc etc. These guys provide a service, they're no different to a waiter in a resturaunt and we tip them for good service, so why not these poor guys who're probably lucky to earn 600AUD a month!

If I tip, it's between me and the person offering the service, and why should it go into the pocket of the big billion dollar company and not the guy I've given it to?

HP i am not sure...you do it intentionally or you are really that dumb..
"Dont drink n drive, just smoke n fly"

Alcoholic Wrote:Sniper it's not bloody funny! Imagine the indignity of the whole thing for the sake of a few dirhams!

I sometimes wonder about you and how you can make fun of something which is so humilitating to other people.

What the hell did I say? Oh mein GOD!! Choco is hallucinating! :lol:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Searching for an old friend! playmore64 0 9,448 06-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Last Post: playmore64
  Tips for tone body Everett 0 8,125 12-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Everett
  Workers protest bringing finucane road to a halt! Choko 5 9,103 09-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Last Post: saminbrisbane
  Employers retaining workers' passports is illegal Leon 1 5,701 11-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Leon
  HELP! SEARCHING FOR JOB IN Australia Rizwan Riazuddin 8 19,288 10-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Leon