Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am new. Say hi to me.
Hello everyone. My name is Sean. I am 39 and I am an alcoholic. (Just kidding) I would like to get a teaching job in Brisbane. Got any suggestions? I am all ears.
These are my principles;if you dont like them, I've got others.

HI.

Are you experienced? Are you a PHD?
Anyways, you only need to be a PHD if youre teaching at university level (only for lectures)

I think, you can surf the net and get list of all the schools and universities website. They usually have 'job vacancies posted' Just send your CV and that way you can determine the response you can get or possibilities of Job that are on your road.

good luck and welcome on the forums Smile
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get in return.

Hi No I am not Phd. I got a Bachelor in Biology but I have been teaching English in Germany for about 3 years now. I dont want to teach at univeryity level. Just as second language.

Sean;

Do you have TEFL, IELS or equivalent?

If you're thinking of continuing a career in English teaching it would be a very good idea to get some formal training and a qualification.

A one-month full-time TEFL course should cost you less than 1000 euros, and is a good investment. You don't really want to work at language schools that don't require a qualification (they're probably dodgy)

- Stuart

PS. I got my CTEFL in 1994 in Egypt. Worth every penny. I believe Hieropolis is still the cheapest place in the world you can do it Smile ... check out the International House website (http://www.ihlondon.com/) for more details.

Hi Stuart
Thanks for all your help. You seen to know a lot about it . Are you teaching at the moment? I will check out the courses you said. I have been teaching for the past couple of years. I got lot of experience and I enjoy teaching very much. Let me know if you are teaching . And then we can chat more about it.

Sean;

I've taught English in Bulgaria, Turkey, Cyprus & Egypt, however have not done so professionally for nearly 10 years.

I taught in State Schools, the leading two private schools, language centres, Japanese school (that was fun!) and many varieties of private lesson.

But that was when I was young, and I went back to my profession. However I still have many friends in the education sector, so have a vague idea of 'what is going on'.

- Stuart
UK- 22 years
Turkey- 10 years
Czech, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Romania- 1 year each
Egypt- 6 months
Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc- bought the T-shirts
... working in design/construction, living in Brisbane ...