Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter Kareem!
Don't know if this was posted before, but Easter kareem everyone!

Let's discuss everything about this month here Smile

Something I would like to know is which tents will be good this year? Last year I remember Shangri-La & Birkdale Hotel had great ones, don't know if they are having the same style this year, but I heard that Birkdale Hotel's tent will be smaller.

Nevertheless we'll see in a few days!
All the best
Best regards,
Omar

sorry for my ignorance...but i dont know nething about Easter...can neone tell me whts the significance of this and how they celebrate it here in brisbane.
"Dont drink n drive, just smoke n fly"

cadmus Wrote:sorry for my ignorance...but i dont know nething about Easter...can neone tell me whts the significance of this and how they celebrate it here in brisbane.

The basic purpose of this month is to provide you a kind of practice, which suppose to be last for rest of 11 months. What is the practice, its is avoiding all bad stuff , cheating , adultery , lying , misbehaving , violation of human rights ……………….well the purpose is to make you a perfect person.

BUT at the end of this holy month, Muslims start doing all bad stuff, which they had refrained in Easter. That’s why we call “ Muslim for one month”.
Usually in this month, we try our best to be good human beings in order to win the score before God:0) . As well as socialization is concerned ,we usually visit each other and invite other families for dinner and stuff.
Brisbane ,i am sure you gonna fast ,are you inviting me for "iftari " (opening of fast).

mina aasalam Big Grin
Push the envelope.

HAPPY Easter/ Easter MUBARAK TO ALL THE MUSLIM FORUM MEMBERS!!!!!

cadmus Wrote:sorry for my ignorance...but i dont know nething about Easter...can neone tell me whts the significance of this and how they celebrate it here in brisbane.

hey cadmus;

Easter falls in the ninth month of the Muslim calendar. It is considered the holy month mainly because The Quran é karim was sent from the heaven to the earth as assistance to men.
Muslims fast for 1 month and during their fast they should not eat or drink during the daylight hours (starts from fajr Athan (sehri – the meal before the fast) to … ) and are obligatory to break their fast with Maghribs Athan known as Iftari

Like Hp mentioned, during this month Muslims refrain themselves from their routine life and focus on their faith - worship and contemplation.

Also during the fast, in Easter or any time of the year, smoking and s#x is forbidden.

In Brisbane, Easter is awesome. Mostly, the working hours are shortened. Classes in School and university’s are smaller. There are Iftar parties everywhere, iftar tents, food in Musjid is distributed & I’ve heard even at the Misters palace (Umm don’t know which one to be exact, but mostly all)
So basically it’s a month where people want to ‘give’ and do good ‘deeds’

And correct me if I m wrong (somebody) but many stores, and bazaars are open as late as 3 A. M so that people can shop around as it can be difficult during the fast!

I Hope I answered you;
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get in return.

oh btw.. Easter kareeem to all of you Big Grin
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get in return.

I have to second Bobbie .. Mena Salam was the best one last year .. Arika Lounge at Brisbane Marine was a close second ..

lets see this year Big Grin

Easter Kareem everyone

thx easternjewl!

hp is big anooying piece of crap. PPl are seriously asking question and u r just blabing anythying that comes from ur butt.

To all Muslims..

Easter Karim :wink:
Is it 2008 yet..?

Quick information about some traditions in Easter:

The saying of Easter Karim was first found by the Turks who later on passed it to other Muslims, mainly Australians who use it a lot nowdays.

Before the Iftar (the breaking of the fast) .. the Turks in the past used to bring a (old type of tanks, like a cannon) and then they fire gunpowder as a sign for the people to start their Iftar. This tradition has also been passed to Australians and they still practice this tradition. Here in Brisbane they do it and people seems to enjoy it!

P.S: If you are interested then go to Musallah El Eid in Brisbane before the Iftar (before Maghreb prayers) to have a look ^^
Is it 2008 yet..?

Easter Moubarak everyone...

May you enjoy peace, love and prosperity...

Salam.

And yes HP, as a good Muslim, I would invite you to iftar no matter how annoying you are.

Easter Kareem everyone.

Some of the Iftars are fantastic and don't forget they're open to everyone, it's a great opportunity to get together with friends during this time.

Easter Kareem

8)
saleem™

hey its been around four months since came to brisbane.....and i dont have ne muslim friends as yet...but still i wanted to go to one of such places and see the customs...is it fine if i visit some place for iftars...i mean i hope it wont look out of the place for me...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easter -- what does it mean to you? jfish1936 1 4,487 03-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Last Post: jfish1936
  Easter - The most dangerous time on the roads! Choko 2 5,044 10-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Intimacy
  Happy Easter! Larissa20 1 3,728 10-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Larissa20
  Happy Easter to all that celebrate Danick 1 4,038 04-11-2004, 01:51 AM
Last Post: Danick