Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada
Hey - another Canadian here in Brisbane. Just saying "hello"! Where's a good place to go to meet other expats in Brisbane? I was told "Rock Bottom" near Juman is a good place. any thoughts?

Nice to meet ya!

eeeeeeek, rock bottom is a DIVE. the last couple years havent been kind to it.

what sort of places you looking for? a bar? check out Jimmy Dix (at the Movenpick hotel) or Trader Vic's at either Madinat Birkdale or the Holiday Inn.

Clubs- Brisbane Marine has boudoir, shochos and Serai (Australian club)- probably the place with the least hookers.
Push the envelope.

Bobbie :roll: your actually recommending sarai ?

come on .. its like the worst place ever .. when was the last time u where there ?

I say you check out friday nights at Trilogy (Madinat Birkdale) ..

Thanks for the replies! I have heard of this Triligy place - where is it exactly? Is it expensive to get in?

Nice to meet you both

I think Trilogy is usually about the 50AUD mark - it's part of Madinat Birkdale. Bar Zar, Jam Base, Trader Vics, Left Bank are all there too, plus restaurants.
If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with

Friday nights are 65 AUD just to get in. Drinks are around 25-30 AUD per drink.

Other nights of the week i beleive are free .. check out www.infusion.au www.mumtazz.com and www.brisbanelook.com for brisbane nightlife info Wink

Hi, I'm from Canada as well, relatively new to Brisbane so can't offer too much advice but.......

I don't recommend Seria AUD 550 a bottle and filled with posers and mooches. I'll probably get flamed but I don't mind Rock Bottom, there are a lot of people there that are down to earth and I found people are easier to talk to, you can just be yourself.

There is also a Canadian Expats club here you may wish to join, Apparently Liberty magazine (magazine for North American Expats) is having a Canada vs US party near the end of September at Jumeria Beach as well.

All depends on what you like though.

Welcome to Brisbane

Thanks for the info! Hope to see you all sometime, perhaps in one of the places you suggested

welcome fellow leafs fans Smile

Cheers,

D

Danick Wrote:welcome fellow leafs fans Smile

Cheers,

D

Hbsa RULE!!! Even though they suck... :lol:

jacky Wrote:I'll probably get flamed but I don't mind Rock Bottom, there are a lot of people there that are down to earth and I found people are easier to talk to, you can just be yourself.

With you on that jacky, Rock Bottom is not half as bad as it appears to be on first glance...True the smoke is overwhelming and the downtown brisbane factor is there...But I found the people who frequent there are more genuine than the glitterati who make their appearances at the more posh clubs...and of course the knockout punch is the music...their bands are always awesome!

LEAFS SUCK!

SENS RULE! even without Hossa

Fraad Wrote:Bobbie :roll: your actually recommending sarai ?

come on .. its like the worst place ever .. when was the last time u where there ?

I say you check out friday nights at Trilogy (Madinat Birkdale) ..

habibi- i GO because serai is so tacky! that's what makes it fun- i go with my girls- we don't dance with the dudes, just stick to ourselves. If you put yourself out there as willing to dance with the men, it'd be a completely different night
Push the envelope.

alright the clubbing guru arrives !!! hahahahaah

check these places out ... still is the same as my last suggestions

Madinat Side to Chill:
Left Bank

Madinat Side to Party:
Trilogy Thursday and friday evenings *****

Brisbane Marine Side
Chill / Party = Sho - Chos ...

Party = Boudios

Brisbane in General ...

Jimmy DiX @ Movenpick !!!! = GOOD BAND GOOD DJ AWSOME SOUND SYSTEM !!!

Good Old Lodge !!!

KubU Bar at Intercon ... it Got its share of hookers but the musics alright !!!

Jools Bar = Good Band !!!

Rocky's at REgent Palace = Filipino Club with two Bands that plays 90% English with good RNB DJ ... Sound and Lights SUperb !!!! I LOVE THE FOOD

TEmpo @ Seashell Inn = this place is still quiet ... if you guys can still remember those days with Stake and Rock and Roll !!! a combination a Good Stake backed with a really Good Canadian Band ?? yes It was 49ers ... This Venue has had somemany Facelifts and trasformation ... and its now called Tempo .. wich in Design it totally moved away from its 49ers roots ... its more chick and classy with a whole new athmosphere they took the band and turned it into a cosmopolitan club !!! with nice comfy sofas cool light fixtures and awesome DJ this places is a must see place ... but its sad that when its empty like all bars its dead lonely because the place is huge ... but try to go there during wednesday and fridays its cool !!!
Being a DJ is not a GOD given talent !!!!
its a Gift ..... by who ??? .... hmmmm

i've been at jimmy dix the past 2 tuesdays- the drunk girl with pink shoes trying to grab the mic- that's me Wink
Push the envelope.

jacky Wrote:Hi, I'm from Canada as well, relatively new to Brisbane so can't offer too much advice but.......

I don't recommend Seria AUD 550 a bottle and filled with posers and mooches. I'll probably get flamed but I don't mind Rock Bottom, there are a lot of people there that are down to earth and I found people are easier to talk to, you can just be yourself.

There is also a Canadian Expats club here you may wish to join, Apparently Liberty magazine (magazine for North American Expats) is having a Canada vs US party near the end of September at Jumeria Beach as well.

All depends on what you like though.

Welcome to Brisbane

Canada vs US party? I'm there!!! PHUCK CANADA Big Grin
"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,,,,,and then i smoke two more" Sublime

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mark from Canada says hello! milo99 4 6,671 01-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Last Post: kelly1966
  Hello From Canada to Brisbane :) Danick 11 16,987 06-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Yippy_69
  hello from montreal canada, soon to be in brisbane :) mthem2003 2 5,107 06-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Yippy_69