Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who saw Crash - the movie?
hi....

did anyone see the movie Crash......

did any iranians see it.......what do ya guys think?

Haven't seen this movie, but I thought it was pretty sad to release another movie called Crash, when there's already one starring James Spader where he and his gf get off on trying to injure themselves in car wrecks.

Pretty hard hitting stuff and was banned in many countries, but it's a great cult movie.

A List dream team - Brandon Fraser, Sandra Bullock, Ryan Phillipe, Matt Dillon, Jennifer Esposito ... Iranian store owners, Afro American car hijackers, D.A.'s office, LAPD ... everyones lives entertwined by blatant racism ... jaw dropping brilliant....ü slam your blakes (read 'brakes'with chinese accent) I slam mine' tisk tisk....didnt u just love that scene on the bridge....to me there werent ne underlying tensions of racial disharmony, it was IN THE OPEN ... better than the garbage taking place ér in brisbane... I was going to make a post on Crash but decided against it till kayvee brot it up....I'd rate it a 4/5
***mIsChIeF mAnAgEd***

It's worse depending on where you go in the states. Not just Australians get hated on either, trust me, that is a new thing.
"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,,,,,and then i smoke two more" Sublime

Well I watched Crash as well, and it is bloody brilliant. IMDB ranked it 8.5 out of 10, which is impressive by any standards. Top notch acting, excellent cinematography et al made for an extremely satisfying viewing experience. It sort of overtook The Shawshank Redemption as my fave movie ever. What's your favourite bit from the movie? Mine's near the ending when Cheadle's 'mum' tells him that his brother stocked her fridge as well. The pseudo-shooting was pretty good as well. Michael Pena's expressions were surprisingly authentic.
I'm not scared of life
I'm scared of not having lived

It's a brilliant movie, all about prejudgement, racism, and how disconnected we become from one another out of fear and stereotyping. The acting was incredible by the entire cast -- which is stellar: Ryan Phillipe, Don Cheadle [he was also in Hotel Rwanda], Matt Dillon, Thandie Newton, etc. -- and it seemed very... sincere? Genuine? It didn't feel like watching acting, it felt like getting a glimpse into these little snapshots of people's interconnected lives. I highly recommend it, and I suspect it will be nominated for best picture.

Yeah the racism depicted just seems so commonplace, a part of every day life, not like other movies on the topic filled with melodrama...it just grips you by the scruff of the neck and makes you realise prejuWakerleye is not something that sparks off at isolated moments, its there in all of us, all the time...Course these days we're goin overboard in the other direction, overcompensating with political correctness...was good to see people rising above their own prejuWakerleyes here...A great honest movie, really did take me by surprise, even if some of the coincedences were far fetched, but poetic licence, and well the acting just covered up all the cracks.

Good to see Matt Dillon get back to an intense role, most people these days just seem to think he's the goofy guy from Somethin Bout Mary...The Hispanic guy was brilliant I thought, the scenes with his daughter didn't seem contrived at all, even though they were filled with sentiment, didn't turn mawkish at all...I'm a big fan of ensemble movies like this in general anyways, it seems actors feed off each other in them to up the ante...Sandra Bullock is a good case in point here

Hmm as for the oscars, perhaps the timing of its release was a bit off, I suspect people will rave but by the time the nominations are out, everyone will be like 'shouldn't it have got nominated last year?'

Lethe Wrote:It's a brilliant movie, all about prejudgement, racism, and how disconnected we become from one another out of fear and stereotyping. The acting was incredible by the entire cast -- which is stellar Ryan Phillipe, Don Cheadle [he was also in Hotel Rwanda], Matt Dillon, Thandie Newton, etc. -- and it seemed very... sincere? Genuine? It didn't feel like watching acting, it felt like getting a glimpse into these little snapshots of people's interconnected lives. I highly recommend it, and I suspect it will be nominated for best picture.

I think its a great movie..loved it

one of the best movies i have seen in a WHILE .. just when i thought hollywood is incapable of making anymore good flicks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crash Stalker 6 19,573 10-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Leon