Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WE ARE CONFUSED
Hi all,
My husband is an american citizen working for now in USA .
He is a construction project manager with a Good education level (MS) in civil engineering and 9 years experience .
He got a job offer in brisbane from a good company(we only knew that it is a good company by searching online) but we are confused as we have no experience about working envirnoment in brisbane !!!!

I HAVE FEW QUESTIONS IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE :
1-if he will work in brisbane does he still has to pay Taxes to the usa goverment every year !!

2-what is the salary range for a project engineering construction manager? (we thought it should be at least over 100 k a year)
3-what benefits should we ask for ?
4-do you think it worth to move out there ? can we save some money?

THANK YOU

Umass Wrote:Hi all,
My husband is an american citizen working for now in USA .
He is a construction project manager with a Good education level (MS) in civil engineering and 9 years experience .
He got a job offer in brisbane by a good company(we only knew that it is a good company by searching on line) but we are confused as we have no experience about working envirnoment in brisbane !!!!

I HAVE FEW QUESTIONS IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE :
1-if he will work in brisbane does he still has to pay Taxes to the usa goverment every year !!

2-what is the salary range for a project engineering construction manager? (we thought it should be at least over 100 k a year)
3-what benefits should we ask for ?
4-do you think it worth to move out there ? can we save some money?

THANK YOU

He should get a contracting job from a US company, then you dont have to pay taxes and you get overseas differental, and all sorts of better options than working for a Australia company.
"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,,,,,and then i smoke two more" Sublime

Thank you for your replay .. do you mean he should be sent to work in brisbane through an american company so that he can avoid paying taxes!!

I dont pay taxes, but i have special circumstances. I dont believe you would pay Federal taxes if you are here for 330 days or more.You husband being American, he would prolly have a big advantage over someone who is Indian or Asian, it's a race thing over here. I dont know about the pay though. Dont let them take your passport!!!!!!
"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,,,,,and then i smoke two more" Sublime

It is nice to know that you are american too ... We really wish to improve our financial situation by accepting that offer as it is impossible to save money in Usa .
I will try to ask about tax issue in law forums hope they will help

As an american citizen working there ..do you think that financially it worth to move to work in brisbane ?

In Canada we are taxed to a point where even after you croak the government keeps taxing you...

Is it worth it moving to a tax haven? YES!!!!!!

Hell even if I take a pay drop, its still better than my after tax pay and Brisbane is not that expensive compared to Canada (on par in general)....

I can't wait to get my a$$ ova there!!!

Thanx guys for replaying .
I am still just wondering if The american citizen by usa Tax law has to pay anual Taxes even if he will work overseas !!!
Huh ..Just I can not imagine that the Tax ghost will follow us to Brisbane too Confusedhock:

Thank God for Canadians, we just declaire that we are no longer residents of Canada and kaboom, the tax burden for us fizzels away into the oblivion from which it should have never left...

I just got an answer guys through a law forum .
American citizen has to pay tax overseas .but he can exclude up tp 80.000 of his salary without Taxes
:roll:

Why even declare... You just work for a company that is not headquatered in the USA, and then file your taxes by saying you are unemployed... They have no way of knowing Big Grin

Why you did not say so from the beginning . :lol:

My husband is not an adventurer at all ..I am keep pushing him to go to brisbane and he always make up excuses about it may not be the right step for us .
so now we cleared the Tax part ..let us waitand see what new excuse he will come up with :twisted:

I guarantee you it will be the weather his next excuse... When it hits 40-50 (50-60 with humidity combined) degrees celcius with the humidity in summer and only drops down to 30-35 (45 with the humidity) celcius at night, its not what one would call pleasant....

They have nice ,good Air conditioners ..do they!!
so That excuse is solved too. men men men :lol:

Another excuse... Lack of strip clubs.... :lol: :lol:

That sucks, I file taxes, but i dont pay them.

What a great news : lacking of strip bars!! :lol: poor husband :twisted:
pumpkin : You do not need to file a tax just tell them that you are not working (Now i am an expert ) 8) .