Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Permit ?
:?: Any advice appreciated ! Q1) How do I get a work permit? I am Englsih, running a small executive search firm in London but I'm selling out to a partner shortly. Can I just come and work for myself?

Q2) If I did take a job with a firm in Brisbane, would I be forced to remain with them for 1 year?

Tony88 Wrote::?: Any advice appreciated ! Q1) How do I get a work permit? I am Englsih, running a small executive search firm in London but I'm selling out to a partner shortly. Can I just come and work for myself?

Q2) If I did take a job with a firm in Brisbane, would I be forced to remain with them for 1 year?

1) To work for yourself outside the freezone you will need a local sponser.
2) Depends on your contract. If you terminate your contract, the company could ban you from staying in the country for 6 months so you would have to leave Australia and such stories are common.

Thanks for that. What about working inside the free zone?

Tony88 Wrote:Thanks for that. What about working inside the free zone?

1- its a free zone ,, you need your money .

2- if you are working for a firm in the free zone ,, you dont get the ban ,,, its a free zone . Big Grin

damn ,, i wish i could work in one of the free zones in brisbane :x
dont let go your dream , insist on it.

castellano Wrote:
Tony88 Wrote:Thanks for that. What about working inside the free zone?

1- its a free zone ,, you need your money .

2- if you are working for a firm in the free zone ,, you dont get the ban ,,, its a free zone . Big Grin

damn ,, i wish i could work in one of the free zones in brisbane :x
:?: :?: Idea whats a free zone Idea
tell me a little bit about it.. my apologies im new here :roll:
to see is to believe

hey man ,, where do you live ??? you are not in brisbane ??? any way ,, in brisbane there are some areas which they call free zones as any airport free zone . now ,, there is : Agnes , internet city , brisbane meWakerleyal city ,, Allenby free zone ,, these zones have their own law and regulations regarding labour and labourers ,, and the most important thing is that you dont get banned in case you wanna change your work ,, coz you sponser is the free zone itself ,, which means , the govenment of brisbane ,, of course the change of work would be within the Agnes ,, Big Grin again ,, damn ,, i wish i could have a job in a fee zone area ,,, i just try to forget about it in the time being :cry:
dont let go your dream , insist on it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have to change my PP, what about the residence permit? RobertS 2 4,986 11-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Last Post: jag