Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
da vinci code
is anybody into books ?

I have read this Dan Brown book "DA VINCI CODE" it deals with Leonardo Da Vince secret code in the last supper and the "holy Grail".

it created debates because it shock the religious community regarding its revelation.
to see is to believe

kyle Wrote:is anybody into books ?

I have read this Dan Brown book "DA VINCI CODE" it deals with Leonardo Da Vince secret code in the last supper and the "holy Grail".

it created debates because it shock the religious community regarding its revelation.

I really wasn't too big a fan of Brown's writing 'skills'. He threw some supposed facts into a story line which didn't flow very well. Although he's quite good at presenting turns in the story, etc, the fact that he used 'fact' to create an interest is a shame- some of his statements have already been disproven, and many are still up for debate.

I still have to read his other books though.
Push the envelope.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vatican is withholding some information from people (Catholics and other Christians) that would make the church look pretty bad....

I thought the Davinci Code was genius, I found it enthralling and couldn't put the book down until I'd finished it. Fact or not it's a good book.

Thousands of people are now following the Davinci trail, going to all the places in the book, and a film is slated to go into production late this year starring Tom Hanks in the lead role.

I thought it was interesting too and I'm reading one of his other ones now. They are very John Grisham - ie, page turners, but not necessarily spectacular from a literary point of view.
If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with

not yet... but its the next book on my list. btw, have u read angels & demons? some says they enjoyed reading angels & demons than da vinci code... i'll say my piece once i'm done with da vinci Smile

i thought de vinci code was brilliant, compelling, a real page turner - read it in one sitting. angels & deamons was pretty good, and digital fortress so-so.

whether it's based on "fact" or not... i think that the whole purpose of the book is for people to challenge the accepted facts and open their minds to another versions of events.
it has probably prompted many readers to do futher reading into related topics which they may not have done - how many of you who read the book looked up a copy of the last supper on the internet to check???

.... history is always written by the victor!
"Oh, bother" said Whinnie as he stepped over Piglets lifeless corpse

Gotta give it to Kyle for coming up with this topic.
I got Da Vinci's Angels and Demons on Cd and got Da Vinci Code on Cd and the book. Dont have me the patience to listen to Angel and Demons. Had to bribe an ex-colleague to download it off the net illegally, shhh!!! Agreed his writing skill doesnt match up to my standards Wink but his story Im sure fares well for tourism in Europe and Hollywood.
Must say, the book got me thinking about my faith, got to hand it to Brown for doing that.
Anyone else thinks Jesus had a wife and offspring(s)? Confusedhock: (ops, did I just give away the .... oh ho :twisted: )

I wouldn't be surprised if he did and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Jesus was a man. Like any man he had the freedom of choice in whether or not to take a mate.

The Quran doesn't mention him having a mate, but it doesn't say he didn't either.

can wait for the movie..

Alcoholic Wrote:I thought the Davinci Code was genius, I found it enthralling and couldn't put the book down until I'd finished it. Fact or not it's a good book.

Thousands of people are now following the Davinci trail, going to all the places in the book, and a film is slated to go into production late this year starring Tom Hanks in the lead role.

from what i've heard back it would be matt damon. but russel crow fits the character, dont you think

smile :wink:
to see is to believe

No it's definately Tom Hanks, directed by the awsome Ron Howard - still can't believe he used to be Ritchie in Happy Days.

Cast so far:

Tom Hanks .... Robert Langdon
Audrey Tautou .... Sophie Neveu
Ian McKellen .... Sir Leigh Teabing
Alfred Molina .... Bishop Aringarosa
Jean Reno .... Bezu Fache
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Paul Bettany .... Silas
Etienne Chicot .... Opus Dei Member
Seth RIELel
Jean-Pierre Marielle .... Jacques Sauniere

For all things movie go to www.imdb.com

i find this book really interesting, i couldn't put it down.. and did finished it in 3 nights with me highlighting some facts to search in the net the next morning..

can't wait for the movie..
wild at heart kept in cages...

since my girl cant stop babling about that book a frew months back .... as what youve seen ... not onloy that she had finished the book in 3 days and actually research about some stuff on the net ... i found my self listening to a 5 day book review by non other than . :roll: ... but i do think its interesting ... according to her ... im planning on buying the book ... but i think id hold and wait for he movie then ... wait ... hey do you still have it though ?? (talking to kheil) can i borrow it ?
Being a DJ is not a GOD given talent !!!!
its a Gift ..... by who ??? .... hmmmm

panaghoy Wrote:

not yet... but its the next book on my list. btw, have u read angels & demons? some says they enjoyed reading angels & demons than da vinci code... i'll say my piece once i'm done with da vinci Smile

i went to city center looking for angels and demons (i mean the book) but i cant find any,, id like to surf the net and look for the "last suffer"painting but my network is blocked :oops: :oops: im using a company internet :oops:
to see is to believe

I don't get it....