Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good days and mage
The pilgrims begin arriving by air, sea, and land during the weeks prior to the pilgrimage period. They usually arrive into Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the major port city nearest to Mecca (45 miles distance). From there they travel with their Hajj group to Mecca. As they approach Mecca, they stop at one of the designated areas to shower and change clothing, entering into a state of devotion and purity for the pilgrimage.

Ihram

Ihram is the intention of the person willing to perform all rites of 'Umrah, Hajj or both when he arrives at the Miqat. Each direction coming into Makkah has its own Miqat. It is recommended that the one who intends to perform Hajj makes Ghusl (a shower with the intention to purify one's self), perfumes his body, but not his garments, and puts on a two piece garment with no headgear. The garments should be of seamless cloth. One piece to cover the upper part of the body, and the second to cover the lower part.

For a woman the Ihram is the same except that she should not use perfumes at all and her dress should cover the whole body decently, leaving the hands and the face uncovered. The pilgrim should say the intention according to the type of Hajj. For Hajj Al-Tamatt'u one should say: "Labbayka Allahumma 'Umrah" which means "O Allah I answered Your call to perform 'Umrah". It is recommended to repeat the well known supplication of Hajj, called Talbeyah, as frequently as possible from the time of Ihram till the time of the first stoning of Jamrat Al-Aqabah in Mina. Men are recommended to utter the Talbeyah aloud while women are to say it quietly. This Talbeyah is of the form:

"Labbayka Allahumma Labbayk. Labbayka La Shareeka Laka Labbayk. Inna-alhamda Wan-ntimata Laka Walmulk. La Shareek Lak." (Here I am at your service. O my Lord, here I am. Here I am. No partner do You have. Here I am. Truly, the praise and the provisions are Yours, and so is the dominion. No partner do You have.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fzC_lkIIHs&feature=fvst

Messages In This Thread
Good days and mage - by yasoooo - 10-06-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: Good days and mage - by yasoooo - 10-09-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: Good days and mage - by yasoooo - 10-13-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Good days and mage - by yasoooo - 10-16-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: Good days and mage - by yasoooo - 10-20-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: Good days and mage - by yasoooo - 10-23-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Good days and mage - by yasoooo - 10-27-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: Good days and mage - by yasoooo - 10-31-2013, 12:57 PM