Brisbane Forums
Australia compared to etihad airways - Printable Version

+- Brisbane Forums (https://brisbaneforums.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (https://brisbaneforums.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Brisbane General Chat (https://brisbaneforums.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Australia compared to etihad airways (/thread-1904.html)

Australia compared to etihad airways - 4324mas - 01-29-2006

brisbane to london/glasgow 2640 dirhams(Australia)
Sidney to london 1530 dirhams (Etihad)
Well Confusedhock: :? :?:

[Image: highwayrobbery.jpg]

[Image: robbery3.jpg]

- gangster - 01-29-2006

You forgot the 3 hour Bus ride from Sidney to Brisbane Bus Station that is in addition to the flight.

You pays you money, you takes yor choice.

- 4324mas - 01-29-2006

1 hour my friend
:wink:

- gangster - 01-29-2006

Thats the publsihed time. I know people who have done it more than once and it works out at 3 hours, by the time they wait for other transfer passengers My Friend.

- gangster - 01-29-2006

and besides which Royal Brunai, BA and from April Virgin, are currently all doing direct flights from Heathrow to Brisbane for £260 / 1664 AUD

My Friend

8)

- 4324mas - 01-29-2006

gangster Wrote:and besides which Royal Brunai, BA and from April Virgin, are currently all doing direct flights from Heathrow to Brisbane for £260 / 1664 AUD

My Friend

8)
ooh someones done their homework
starting when my friend :wink:

- gangster - 01-30-2006

Yes i have done my homework My Friend.

You will find with a little less attitude, people may be more willing to offer you help

My Friend!

- 4324mas - 01-30-2006

ok you win but i leave brisbane mid march so etihad is my best bet .
Thanks Anyway and congrats on your mod status which you seem to be handling well 8)

- Fraad - 01-30-2006

bahahah i am telling ya he is PMSing 24/7

PS i took etihad to riyaAUD and it was real shitty not sure about other routes

- gangster - 01-30-2006

Totally agree Fraad - apparently the service is crap.

4324mas - I travel to Brisbane most months, thats why i am in touch with the current air fares. The current prices are around £270 direct with Brunai and £280 with BA

I use these people they are extremely good and by far the best deal

http://www.airline-network.co.uk/

and thank you for your comments and politeness :wink:

- Choko - 01-30-2006

Australia will never reduce their prices while people continue to fully book their flights. The service is very good although it has gone down hill a little lately.

Plus they don't feel they need to compete whilst they still have a monopoly on certain routes. Their only problem is not enough crew at the moment.

Qatar Airways are also excellent.

- 4324mas - 01-30-2006

i' hope to fly to glasgow on the 14march and leave brisbane for good if anyone finds a good flight mucho cheapness let me know please. Big Grin

- jacky - 01-30-2006

I've always loved Australia, but as Choco said I think they've started to go down hill a bit. The last 4 flights I’ve taken have all been delayed a minimum of an hour which gets frustrating, especially sitting on a runway for 98mins when try to fly 40 mins to Qatar.

I think the staff and pilots are all great but just overworked and now bitter because of it, which is starting to become more evident in customer facing staff.

I guess the airline is growing faster than it can handle and they have become a victim of their own success.

- Choko - 01-30-2006

Well put it this way, they're graduating about 120 crew A WEEK!!!!! Not enough polits to go round either. It's growing way too fast and the problem is getting worse.

- gangster - 01-30-2006

Choc mentioned Quatar Airways.

Bloody brill i say and only a 40 minute penalty stopover at Doha.

Fares are not cheap at them moment, when they reduce prices i will post.

It seems they all take turns at doing cheap fares.

Basically, wait till Virgin get their teeth into Brisbane. By the end of the summer, i think with more competition, fares will be cheaper than the last few years.

Good ole Richard Branson