Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
long distance relationships
My friends reminded me that long distance relationship is impossible to survive here in Australia. Is that so? :roll:
you ougtha know me...

nothing is imposible is you care enough to try.

but if hte distance is more then a year. i very very very strongly recommend against it.

the only key is communication, it must never die out...
Hi I'm Blade i do the 7-9r show @ UAQ 846 !!
brodcasting from 5pm - 11pm

5-6 anything goes

7-9 Pinoy rock/alternative

9-11 Love songs

It really depends on the two people involved and how long you have known eachother. If you have not met them for long before you come out, it is very hard as there is no "strong bond" between you.

If you have been together for a while, then you should be OK, but there are a lot of temptations here in Brisbane.

Also, it's not easy being here when things happen as you have no one to talk to face to face. Over the phone is OK, but it's not the same.

Good luck whichever way it goes.

If you can avoid "long distance relationship" then its good. But if you cant really avoid it then you have to be prepared. Anything can happen, specially if your relationship is new. Im not saying something will happen but anyhing is possible. Just dont stop your good communication.

Cheers!!!
MeRIELytes2004
Big Grin
"You can trust anybody in the world, just dont trust the devil inside them"

http://www.big-4.net/dennis
http://www.cgchannel.com/gallery/viewpro...artID=3527

yurki500 Wrote:It really depends on the two people involved and how long you have known eachother. If you have not met them for long before you come out, it is very hard as there is no "strong bond" between you.

If you have been together for a while, then you should be OK, but there are a lot of temptations here in Brisbane.

Also, it's not easy being here when things happen as you have no one to talk to face to face. Over the phone is OK, but it's not the same.

Good luck whichever way it goes.

True,...

but sometimes its not how long you stayed or have known together,.. its rather how you understand eachother, and how you guys parted, and how is your arrangements, but then again even how much you wanted it to las or strive to keep it alive, shit happens and all efforts would just be at lost...
my suggestion:
Why not make a nutral agreement, like while your away you'll be friends, then if time comes that you get together and you still feel the same way and both off you are still single, then you can get back together.

GOOD POINTS,.. you go home, and find that he/she is still single and get to live happily ever after...

BAD but STILL GOOD POINT,.... if you or him suddenly decide that you wanted someone new... YOU LOST A LOVER ... YES ... BUT IN THIS CASE, YOU GET TO SAY GOOD BYE TO YOUR LOVER WITHOUT CHEATING, HUMILIATIONS AND FIGHT. (VICE VERSA) SO AT THE TIME YOU LOST A LOVER ..YOU GAINED A BEST FRIEND.

EXTREMELY BAD POINT: HE/ SHE DIDNT LIKE THE OFFER OF AGREEMENT AND DECIDED TO LEAVE YOU,... AND NEVER CALL YOU AGAIN
WELL IF THAT HAPPENS ... LEAVE THE BITCH/BASTARD CAUSE IF THEY CAN GIVE UP ON YOU FROM A SMALL SACRIFICE WHAT MORE WHEN YOUR MARRIED?... SO ... ITS STILL NOT BAD CAUSE YOU GET TO KNOW THE REAL THEM .... EARLY ... GOOD RIDDANCE.....

WELL IF YOUR ALREADY MARRIED ... THEN YOU HAVE TO GET HIM/HER A JOB HERE CAUSE AS WHAT YORKY SAID ON THE FONE IS GOOD BUT ... ITS TOTALLY DIFF IN PERSON.

good luck!!!!!
Smile M.S.L Smile

5-6 anything goes

9-11 Love songs

Quote:Why not make a nutral agreement, like while your away you'll be friends, then if time comes that you get together and you still feel the same way and both off you are still single, then you can get back together.

In that case, where's the COMMITMENT?! :roll: :?: your basically suggesting to cool it off.
you ougtha know me...

Cooling off and BEING FRiends are two totally diff. things ,...
when you say cooling off ... as written cooling off!!
it means GIVING UP ,
while when you become friends, your still warm but keeping your doors open, and your love that you feel for eachother would still be there
thats why you two should keep in touch...
its giving love unconditionally,..
love should not be forced nor does comitment...

in this way .... at the end when you find that he/she is waiting then you would know that, that is love,.....

remember YOU CAN NEVER FIND OUT if a person's love is TRUE by restricting him/her you would only push that person away,..

while usually in most relationship,.. specially long distance .... it fails because of lack of trust due to the strains of "comitment" where the string would eventually choke you.

"if you love someone set him/her free... when he/she returns... then you would know he/she's yours .."

and besides.... we have no right to restrict other people of the things they should do.. or feel .... its best to give them a chance to do the things or feel the things you want them feel on their own. (time, self,)

but then again ... thats my opinion ..... we all have diff. opinion ... (avoiding a forum debate Smile :lol: )

5-6 anything goes

9-11 Love songs

just one sentence answer :

Long Distance Relationship NEVER WORKS!!
One thing I've learned in all these years is not to make love when you really don't feel it; there's probably nothing worse you can do to yourself than that. by: Norman Mailer

on my personal view, cool off is just letting your partner to have an ample space and time if they feel that their relationship become suffocating! Allowing yourself to think and evaluate what's happening...On the ortherhand, breaking up is cutting every thread of your relationship.

cool off is just a pause, a comma in a relationship while breaking up is period.

COMMITMENT requires devotion and love. This is the essence of a relationship. You will never feel you are just forced. Cuz what you did is unconditional.

I think it's not advisable to play around and wait for the what if's and how if's... the precious potencial partner might stealed by someone else... who basically believes in commitment...you will never know.

ANYBODY here who has personal,if not inspiring, juz reliable experience with long distance relationship?
you ougtha know me...

Marrian,

yes, I do, and they do not work.

Where is that person when you need them most? At the end of the phone does not cut it. You are out with your friends and there g/f's and or b/f's and you are by yourself! where is he/she?

where are they when you have a bad day at work, to share you highs and lows? when you go out and see something, where are they?

Sorry, it does not cut it. Love is strong, they may say that "bsaence makes the heart grow fonder", but sorry, if you have nobody to turn to, where is your other half. Face reality!

thanks for the sensible opinion. got a good point.
you ougtha know me...

Marrian,

let me ask you something. being married is out of this equation, ok. So assume you are not married but in a relationship.

You go out one night in Kedron or Brisbane, and you meet someone who you think is really nice and you hit it off with him. You get on great, what about your b/f in the other country?

This guy can spend time with you, do things with you, share thoughts and feelings with you! Share your highs and lows, you see where I am coming from?

you're pretty much understood! I gonna give you another medal as Victory did!

nyway,what a scenario!

Well, i think i need to give up if and only if the fire of love has gone. Cuz if you considered yourself COMMITED you can't let go of this invisible tie, the bond which will always remind you that you are already 'TAKEN'. Just wishing my partner thinks the same way.

still i wanna play dumb, lemme ask this question. thinking of those hundred of married peeps having undefined realtionship, those guys and gurls cheating with their partners(bfs/gfs) back home and the broken relationship and promises.... how difficult is it to resist temptation here?
you ougtha know me...

Desire is Desire....WHEREVER you go....The sun will not bleach it, nor the tide wash it away..

In my opinion...you gotta live ur life & do what makes u happy. Havin sumone on the other side of the world...can make u happy at times, but when u need that person to physically BE THERE...it only leaves u feeling empty.

LOng distance requires an insane amount of willpower lol & i always think "What if im passing by an amazing opportunity or person?" i think its best to just have a clean break before any departure to a faraway place. if you're meant to get back together again...it will surely happen. Also if your in a long term relationship..maybe its a good time to hav a look at what you've been missing. i guess it boils down to what type of person u are..an opportunist? wink or are u the type who chills in a comfort zone? 8)

DEAR SWEETY

I SHALL TRY TO SHELL IT IN FEW WORDS THOUGH PRACTICAL

i lost my 10 years love, on being long distance for two years.
Just a loving, friendly and smart settled man looking for some good companion to have some spice in life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any girl interested in long term relationship anmee_nick 13 37,303 01-29-2006, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Choko