Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Navigator or Range Rover ?????
I have about 65k AUDr to spend and am looking at either a Lincoln Navigator or Range Rover.

Does anyone have experience of how these 2 differ out there and what age car I would get for that kind of cash?

I'm not interested in resale value - just the most car I can get!

Ask about service costs, that is the issue that a lot of people forget about.

I will tell you this, i own a 1996 BMW 328iS, we purchased it from new in 1997.

Now, in 2006, we clocked well over 212,000kms. We (my mother and i) have a FULL service history from AGMC Kedron and Gumdale. The car drives and runs just like the day we got it.

Now, i know that there are a lot of garages out there, that can give you almost the same results, but they would charger more, scam you or just try to squeeze more money from this.

Take this with a grain of salt, having a car with FSH from dealer, and running like a champ would be a major plus for you and IF you sell it (which you would not?).

I know that Al Tayer Motors (the dealership for Rang Rover) are very expensive and would probably make you hate the car, according to friends of mine who own range rovers. Lincoln is a division from Ford, once again Al Tayer Motors. But i believe the maintenance for Lincoln/Ford if more realistic than Range.

Also look into fuel consumption rates, another thing one should consider.
D.S.P....Where New York Meets Brisbane

I would strongly urge you NOT to get a Range.... Get the Lincoln.

The Rang will have massive mechanical problems and will in no way last as lng as the Ford build Lincoln.

Range Rovers Confusedhock:

I will say one thing be warned

"air suspension"

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

For that sort of price range you'll be looking at a fairly old range rover - when they sucked even more than they do now. And probably a slightly "newer" navigator compared to the RR, but still I think you'd get one with high kms.

Personally I would be looking for a newer Patrol or Pajero for that sort of money.
-Driven by Precision-

Brisbane Wrote:I would strongly urge you NOT to get a Range.... Get the Lincoln.

The Rang will have massive mechanical problems and will in no way last as lng as the Ford build Lincoln.

wtf? :?

you obviously have no idea about Range rovers :roll:

If you want a pussy, tasteless, classless 4wd that is everything an american car is (big and meaningless) than get the lincoln navigator.

If you want european refinement, amazing off road abilities (still a class leader) and a very good looking 4wd, go the rangie.

dont take my word for it, a quote from trucktrend magazine

Quote:"Buyers in this market tend to be demanding, and all these vehicles should meet realistic expectations in every aspect of ownership. The new Range Rover is a high-tech piece worthy of Windows masters, delightful on the road, and sold in low volumes. The LX 470 remains faithful to those qualities Lexus buyers prefer: conservative, reliable, capable, luxurious, and utterly quiet. The Navigator has vastly improved, and the people responsible should get a gold star. It's a versatile, roomy, comfortable bus with great road manners and a decent buy at $10/pound, however its lack of refinement is still worth a mention. A hard look at your own needs and requirements will ultimately make the choice, but for our money, the new Range Rover sets the pace."

oh and one last thing. Ford own Range rover also Big Grin

I agree, range rovers rocks!!! Smile
Brisbane, Oz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Land Rover V8 A-Chassis (2003) bsa 5 9,064 05-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Zassal