Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
80's music is the best!
Sorry to say this, I am a great fan of music and what is on offer today, but IMHO the music and bands that were around in the 80's/early 90's are by far, the best.

Yeah, i may be living in a timewarp, but there is just NO substitute for Depeche Mode, Simple Minds, U2, Tears for Fears, Ultravox and all of them. They spawned todays music, which has deteriorated in my view (rock still rocks though!)
294bhp of sheer V6 Jap pleasure.

Oh dude, you so read my mind...

Hell, I even like the 70s... Yes I am also a disco freak... So sue me!! 8)

same here...though i like 70's more than 80'5
"Dont drink n drive, just smoke n fly"

Well you can tell how popular that decade was, by the shear number of 80's tracks being sampled and covered these days.

There was a study a while back, i think in FHM or Maxim (A good source Wink) that said for 90% of people, what they listen to when they are 24 is what they'll listen to for their whole lives. It holds true for me, Late 80's early 90's for me, love my Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle, oh so many...

I like 60's, 70's music and 80's! I try to educate my kids....a bit of Beetles, INXS, some Led Zeppelin, mind you I don't mind some of their music.

Oh 70 and 80's, fitted electric blue disco pants, big gold hoop earings, blue eye shadow, BIG belts, with fur (not real fur) and bubble skirts in the 80's.

Bee Gees, Fleetwood Mac, Cat Stevens, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, and wasnt the 80's just the time for one hit wonders, and werent they just the best songs. Underneath the Radar by ummmmmmmmmmm, oh lost that one (sorry thats the alzheimers that comes with the age :lol: ) Whip It, by Devo, Desperado by Eagles, Eye of the Tiger by ummmmmmm lost it again, anything theme song associated with a movie. Oh I feel so nostalgic :cry:

Quote:Oh 70 and 80's, fitted electric blue disco pants, big gold hoop earings, blue eye shadow, BIG belts, with fur (not real fur) and bubble skirts in the 80's.

Hey!! That is what I'm wearing now!! Is this why people stare when I walk the dog? Or am I just soooooooooooo gorgeous! :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe it is the body glitter glinting in the Brisbane sunshine!! :lol:

RIEL, darrrrrrling, of course it is your sparkling personality, fabulous good looks and outstanding fashion sense Big Grin and baby always remember 'all that glitters is gold'

The 80's rock!! 8) Phil Collins, Bruce Springsteen, The Police...!! I love it!

John Cougar Mellancamp, Bryan Adams, Dire Straits

btw, Defo, does your avatar stand for the Toronto Maple Leafs?
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away"