Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SatNav/GPS - will the TomTom Go 300 work in Brisbane?
Hi,

I've searched in vain on the TomTom websites for maps for Australia - does anyone know whether there are any maps that will work with a TomTom Go 300?

I see that the higher end cars have DVD sat nav - what maps or systems are recommended for these?

Many thanks,
Shafique

I am affraid Tom Tom do not produce a GPS map for Australia.

I ended up buying a PDA with the guidance software for 1700 AUD - its pretty good too, as good as Tom TOM in th UK.

Thanks for the info - looks like my brother is getting the TomTom then when we leave.

Shame - it is a very good piece of kit and will be sad to leave it behind.

Do you find the sat nav useful in Brisbane? I thought that roads weren't named - so does this make the navigation more useful.. (but how do you put in the destination?)..

Or is it more useful when going out of the city?

Cheers,
Shafique

hi,

my GPS locates by place name, hotel restaurant, building etc. Yes you are right many roads do not have names. The database is huge it lists nearly every building in brisbane, so all you do if you want to get somewhere, you just tap in the nearest landmark.

Thanks Arnie. I have a palm t3 and may consider getting a GPS adapter for it before I come out there (7 weeks to go!).

What software are you using for the GPS?

Cheers,
Shafique

you are welcome

http://www.myeasynav.com/

This should tell you everything you need to know about GPS in Brisbane

You just buy the "SD" card and off you go lol

ohhh if you havent GPS built into your Palm - you can buy the GPS adapter to plug in.

Better still i bought the software with PDA with internal GPS Ant all for 1700AUD - £300 uk or about $460 - compared to UK prices it was a steal at that price. The internal ant is much better than the one you stick on your car screen etc.

Good luck

gangster Wrote:you are welcome

http://www.myeasynav.com/

This should tell you everything you need to know about GPS in Brisbane

You just buy the "SD" card and off you go lol

ohhh if you havent GPS built into your Palm - you can buy the GPS adapter to plug in.

Better still i bought the software with PDA with internal GPS Ant all for 1700AUD - £300 uk or about $460 - compared to UK prices it was a steal at that price. The internal ant is much better than the one you stick on your car screen etc.

Good luck

Hey, now that's pretty sweet, thanks for posting that link. I always wanted a nice affordable GPS Navigation for my car.
D.S.P....Where New York Meets Brisbane