Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyno shops
Anyone knows where one could find a GOOD dyno shop?

Not something stupid that gives flywheel power, but whp (wheel horse power), perferrably with a widband AFR readout.

So far, Al Naboodah has one, but without a wideband read out....
D.S.P....Where New York Meets Brisbane

Any roller dyno gives you ATW kw/hp. An engine dyno will only be able to give a calculated ATW figure.

And any 'tuning' shop tinkering with a tune without using a wideband might as well get set for a rebuild.
-Driven by Precision-

Looks like we speak the same language.....

I have an Innovative wideband installed in my car, i have a piggyback/fuel controller and dialed in a nice AFR.

Thing is, i want to know how much i got there on the wheels......

Comparing two AFR charts would be nice (one installed on the car and one on the dyno).

Ah, so basically after a power run. I know of a shop but it's in Kedron. You need 2w or 4w dyno?

Are you comparing the charts to verify accuracy/consistency? If so you'd need similar spec wideband attached to the dyno to get apples - apples results.
-Driven by Precision-

At the moment, i am looking for a power run, it is a 2wd dyno run as well.

But if their prices/per hour is good, then i would always use them when i start upgrading the turbocharger, intake, bigger injectors etc....

Then i get into timing....that is where i need the dyno run(s)

I'll get the details when I'm home and email to ya mate.
-Driven by Precision-

Thanks....

By the way, i like you're Porsche. Is it a Boxster or 911?

Note: My car is a Porsche as well....a 1986 944 Turbo that just blasts away with fury Big Grin

The latter.

The 'B' is sacraligious to the Porsche family.

I guessed ur's was as soon as you mentioned Al Naboodah.
-Driven by Precision-

LOL.....

Yeah, i was tipped off by the Audi center since i was picking up a seal (interchanRIELle parts between VW/Audi and Porsche).

They don't have a clue what i wide band is....and say everything is 'at the owners risk'.

When he saw the gauges in my car, he called me a ricer. I then informed him that by having a 20 year old car, that can out-perform new M3's, Corvettes etc needs constant care and attention.

You can never have enough monitoring equippment in a car, better to keep an eye on things as wait for disaster to happen.

Stackdash is ur friend.
-Driven by Precision-

Anything new?

Did you get the contacts?

Soz dude, din make it home til late last nite so no motivation to get back infront of a screen.
-Driven by Precision-