Poll: Would you consider fostering an animal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
NO.
0%
0 0%
I already have my own pets.
50.00%
1 50.00%
I'm not bothered about animal welfare.
0%
0 0%
YES.
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call for HELP!!
Hi Guys.....

Fostering (Don't stop reading Smile )

AS you may know Feline Friends is the local help network for cats and of late they have been on the radio calling for Fosters which might lead people to think that ... if they are advertising on the radio they must have a whole bunch of fosters working with them....

The awful truth is that INSPITE of all the media coverage they have been getting they only have a DOZEN, that's correct, 12.... just 12 people who help look after all the cats and kittens that they find.

As a result entire litters of kittens are left to starve on the streets or euthanized.

Fostering is not hard. In fact Feline Friends makes it very easy for foster parents.

They take care of various veterinary expenses. If you leave for a holiday while you are fostering they will look after the cat while you are away. You can choose wether you would like to foster an adult cat OR a kitten. They will actively seek out foster parents for your cat/kitten.

All you need to do as a foster is provide food, water, kitty litter and of course, lots of hugs and kisses.

Me and my husband have been fostering for sometime now and we can assure you that it is not hard. And it is a very rewarding experience. We have our own 3 cats and they enjoy the novelty of having kittens around... Smile

PLEASE take a moment to seriously consider becoming a foster parent. With a small amount of effort you can stop a cat or a kitten from being put down or put back on the streets...

12 foster parents is just not enough to take care of all the kittens and cats in Brisbane. Feline Friends is seriously in need of foster parents...

If you are interested in becoming a foster parent PLEASE contact me at:
zazi.inc@gmail.com

PS- For dog lovers the same applies...
PPS- I hope this was not an inappropriate post...

Here are 4 cats in desperate need of foster homes....

They have been spayed/neutered, and are ready to go to new homes.

[Image: 63609919_131d675808_o.jpg]

[Image: 63609918_a6ae857785_o.jpg]

[Image: 63609917_20588ae7e0_o.jpg]

[Image: 63609916_e7bc4d1239_o.jpg]

Before I brought my own pets over to Brisbane I was looking after some kittens for Feline. They do a great job and there are so many cats and dogs in desperate need of a good home, even if it's just a temporary one.

One major problem is the lacking of people neutering their animals, out of all the people in my villa block, I think I'm the only one that has had my dog and cat done. Unless you intend to use the animal for breeding to keep it un-neutered is just plain irresponsible.

It doesn't take much to look after a cat and they're great to have around the house.

just a doubt ... can we train cats with toilet habits? i am familiar with dogs, but totally ignorant about other pets

yeah you can definately train them...takes time and patience...and lesser treats than dogs...i have 2 cats...they are totally potty trained...even if they get locked in the bedroom for like some time by mistake (they are usually creating mischief by hiding)...they control thier impulses and wait primly till they are out...then they make a run for the looooSmile....very well behaved felines...

I don't know about the toilet, but if my cats really desperate he'll pee in the bath over the plug hole - I never even taught him that! Better than the dog who if she's desperate just goes where ever!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Call Serve Trinny 1 4,010 02-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Trinny