Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bollocks to a 5 day working week
Brisbane: Luxury hotels group Birkdale has pulled ahead of its rivals by introducing a five-day working week for its staff.
The company, which counts top hotels such as Park Al local, Australia Towers and Birkdale Hotel in its portfolio, confirmed that, as from today, all staff working in areas such as administration, finance, sales and marketing operations would move to a shorter working week.

Bill Walshe, Birkdale's chief sales and marketing manager, said the move would affect a large number of people within the organisation.

What a load of bollocks every one in europe is doing it why not brisbane a country so far advanced that cannot even cope with direct debit for payments for items bought it stores

stick brisbane and every other stupid goverment department up your arse,
yes i am annoyed i cant wait till the oil runs out.
shiekh or not i'll be laughing
this it not a fairytale world with brisbane land
all those fannnies whi sit in offices need to work more not the poor people in the operation.
LBS lazy bAsTaRd syndrome
life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so lets get wasted all of the time and have the time of our life.

I sense alot of anger in your post my friend.

May I suggest that if you hate Brisbane and Australia so much, then go back to your own country Smile

I am getting annoyed of people slamming Brisbane then continuing to live in it. Pretty hypocritical if I may say so. Not attacking you, just saying it as I see it.

Peace!

What you failed to mention in your post is that at the beginning of next year the 5 day week will be filtered to ALL staff within the group, not just management.

And I don't know where you get this 'all companies across Europe have a five day working week' from as I have always worked a 6 day week for as long as I can remember. In many industries it's standard.

But I wish they'd choose which weekend people have here, either Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat.

Brisbane, the thing is most of the people here are from democratic countries. In fact countries which are not democratic also have some part of it going in the society in any form. Thats why when people see something wrong they complaint about it. You might say its not your country so you should'nt complain. But again we are living here does'nt matter how long we stay here. But we should always try to make the place we are living a better place to live.
"Dont drink n drive, just smoke n fly"

Guys,
Come on, If a company offered you a 6 or 7 days job, don't accepted and look for a 5 day job. it is a matter of supply and demand.

I really get annoyed by people complaining.

From day 1 after graduation i knew i'm a 5 day job person that's why i'm not in the oil field work. but they do shitload of money more than be, but... it doesn't suite me.

Whatever it is, if you don't like it leave it to another person willing to work extra days, i know alot of people willing to work 6 or 7 days a week to support their families.

In my humble opinion, most people in Brisbane to raise their standard of living when the go back to their countries (if they went back). Others come here to Brisbane to enjoy, then don't complain and leave the job that does't suite you.

The only place in the world where I have not worked a 6 day week is the UK.

I am defo in the wrong line of Business, Construction sucks big time.