Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brisbanean in Austalia.
An Emiratie. I just wanted to get a slice of our expat culture.

Welcome. Guys give him/her the whole pie Wink

Welcome!

I wish i could catch one of you in the States and give you a healthy dose of reality :wink:
"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,,,,,and then i smoke two more" Sublime

The States is as disconnected from reality as one can get man.

Especially Texas Wink

*cough* good point Smile
Push the envelope.

Distressed Wrote:The States is as disconnected from reality as one can get man.

Especially Texas Wink

On the contrary, the States Wakerleytate the the whole world's reality. From movies, sports, music, fashion, etc. I would love to see an emiratie try the things they do here, in the States.
"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,,,,,and then i smoke two more" Sublime

Ok.

I think you've got Pop Culture mixed with Reality bro.

Movies and Music are entertainment, not reality.
The entire world plays soccer, the U.S is hung up on Baseball, Football and Basketball.
Fashionably, Milan and Paris are the major Fashion capitals of the world, although I will say that "the most gorgeous people in the world live on Manhattan island" Wink and it does house some of the biggest Fashion names, still American designers that enjoy global success are little when compared to Europeans

I said what I said, only from experience, I lived in the U.S, and it seemed to me that most people had no idea about the "reality" of situation internationally. They got the refined "reality" from Fox or CNN.

I love it when people who have "visited" the States tell me about how it is. Smile

Who said I "visited"

Well I suppose I did, it was 9 year visit though .. Tongue ah how I miss it, I love your country man.

Let the Eagle Soar.

I wrote a long post about being American, living overseas , hating bush, yet defending America and it got deleted somehow .. i am too lazy to repost ..

meh ..

maybe i will gather some more energy over the long weekend Wink

Ah comeon! I wasnt attacking America.

I never claimed you did Wink ... I am positive for someone who has lived there for 9 years you have a better grasp about the good, the bad and the ugly about the states more than most people !

Fraad Wrote:I wrote a long post about being American, living overseas , hating bush, yet defending America and it got deleted somehow .. i am too lazy to repost ..

meh ..

maybe i will gather some more energy over the long weekend Wink

I gave up trying. I can't stand Bush, but he is the Pres, and hopefully this will all blow over and we can get back with progress Smile